Rowdy Mama!

Author’s PoV

Laya came home with so much anger. She could not tolerate her husband’s behavior. How dare he romance a heroine when he is married to her? She conveniently forgot that she tried to find a life partner for him herself. With the new found revelations about her own heart, she is now sure that her stupid heart is in love with her ‘athaan’. She now found meaning to her meaningless anger towards him. She doesn't like her friends admiring what is hers. Yes, he belongs to her! She now understood why she got angry when he didn't get manly feelings when he saw her behind a flimsy towel that morning. She now understood why she never felt disgust or different feelings when he touched her, even though all they did was fight. She now understood why she felt it was ok to be in her underwear if it was him who saw it. And finally she understood why she felt pain in her heart when he took away the nuptials from her.

She decided to let him know all this. She could not contain her newly found love. She wanted to expose it to everyone. But everything went into the drain when she got home. She heard her heart shatter into pieces. 

“Listen, it is nothing. I have seen far worse, Preethi. Calm down.” Varun was consoling Preethi and she was crying burying her face in her hands. Varun was sitting near her more close than comfortable.

“I am so sorry, Varun. It is all because of me. I should have not said anything to you.” She cried profusely and Laya had her heart burn at the sight. Dhilip saw her and he could literally read her mind in her face.

“Come in, Vanya.” Dhilip made sure Varun knew of her presence so that he would keep his distance from her. But to his dismay, Varun looked at Laya and sat closer to Preethi. He now touched her shoulders to calm her down and Preethi leaned on his shoulders. Varun was angry that Laya took off the nuptials. He doesn't know why he is being angry but he didn't like her one bit. He was so sure of that.

Laya could not control her anger and threw her bag near the door and ran upstairs to her room. 

“Hey, Vanya!” Thanya came running in behind her. Vanya compelled Thanya to accompany her because she felt she needed some moral support. Thanya was confused by the sudden change of behavior in Vanya and stood awkwardly on the doorstep.

“Hey, come in, Thaya. What a surprise!” Varun stood up from the couch and invited her in. She came into the house looking at the man whom she sees behind her closed eyes. 

“Hello, anna. How are you?”

“I am good, ma.” Thanya looked at the cried face of Preethi. She knew it was the wrong time.

“Um… Vanya wanted me to accompany her. I think she needs some time alone. I will see you some other day, anna.” She tried to leave. She heard the rumors too. Now she is sure that she is that Preethi. With her friend’s behavior, Thanya was coming to the right conclusions. She could understand her friend’s plight. 

“Sit down, Thanya. Tharini akka, bring some cool drinks for her.” Varun looked inside and said to Thairni.

“No, anna. It’s ok. I think this is not the right time. I will come some other day.” Thanya refused it and went out. She ran to the gates but he was fast enough to catch her. 

“Enga de odura?(where are you running to?)”

“Ma…ma!” the word slipped her tongue.

“Then, what is new in your life? Looks like your studies are going to be done this year! When is your marriage?” He asked her.

“Valikuthu, mama! (it hurts!)” She tried to free her hand from his iron grip. Her eyes instantly welled up by his words. She never expected to see him here. Her heart was beating in her throat the moment she saw him. He was poking holes with his eyes on her. When she tried to escape the situation, he was fast enough to catch her.