Apologizing!

Laya’s PoV

Talk about embarrassment! It was overwhelming. The head-ache, it was killing me. As soon as he poured the bucket full of water on me, I woke up from that deep slumber. I was not sober yet but slowly, I remembered everything. I threw up on him on the flight. God, I just wish to dig up my own grave. On the very first day here! What would I do? The booze was so good that I forgot everything around me. God! I pulled him into the bed. Argh! Too much humiliation at once. The salwar was too transparent when I saw myself. God what would he have thought about me? I didn't wear the camisole under my salwar and my pink bra was completely visible. 

“Arivu kettavan. Ipdi thanni ya oothi vechu irukan. Aiyo, kalattavey vara matinguthey (brainless, look how he drenched me. God, the clothes are stuck on me, I could not take them off)!” I struggled hard to take off my clothes as it was soaking wet. After a fresh bath, I felt a strong wave of guilt wash over me. God, how in the world would I face him? But I know I have to go down now. My stomach was screaming in hunger and my head was hammering. 

As I reached the steps, I saw him waiting for me downstairs. I decided to take in everything he is going to throw at me. I deserve it. I slowly walked down and Tharini aunty gave me a glass of lime juice. I poured it in my throat and felt a little better at once. She asked me if I would like to have early dinner and I nodded my head. I dared not to look in his direction and he didn't talk to me either. He let out a long sigh before leaving the house. I felt freedom as he left. 

“Happa, poitan! (uff, he’s gone)” I said to myself and looked at Tharini aunty and Vijay uncle.

“Hehe, I am fine, aunty.”

“What would happen if your mom gets to know about this, Vani?” Tharini aunty asked me that made my head-ache just shoot to its peak.

“Aiyayo, aunty, the air hostess gave me a wrong drink. I just asked for grape juice but she gave me wine. I didn't do it on purpose.” I almost swore. 

“Ok ok. Varun is so angry.”

“I know! But again when he is not angry with me? What is for dinner, aunty?”

“Varun would eat some brown rice and boiled veggies with soup and grilled chicken.”

“Ewww, I don't want all that. I want idli and mutton curry.”

“Haha, sure, but then you have to wait.”

“I will wait. In the meantime, give me that soup without the veggies.”

“Sure!” She went into the kitchen and I sat myself on the dining table. I called up my dad to let them know that we are safe and settled while drinking the spiceless soup. I then went into my room and opened my suitcases. I started hanging my clothes in the wardrobe. I took out my books and placed them on the book shelf near the study table. Huh! My new home! He would want me to keep this place just like this and it is an impossible thing for me to maintain. But yet, I decided to be as tidy as possible to make up for the disgusting thing I did to him on the flight. 

“Vani ma, the dinner is ready.” Tharini aunty called me from down the stairs. 

“Coming, aunty.” I ran out to enjoy her yummy mutton curry but stopped in my tracks when I saw ‘my husband’ down in the hall.

“Your dinner is also ready, thambi.” She told him and went into the kitchen. Dhilip anna came in behind him and he went into the guest room that he uses whenever he is here. Varun looked at me without shaking his eyes. His intense look made my stomach twist. I hung my head low as he walked past me on the stairs.