The Newcomers!

Author’s PoV

Lavanya woke up to her alarm that told her it is time to get ready for her first day in her new college. She kept snoozing the alarm that it was already an hour after her targeted time. 

“Pch!” She woke up and walked to the restroom in half sleep. After an hour, she came running down the stairs as she was late. 

“Slow down!” Dhilip told her. He was waiting for her in the hall. She looked at him as if he was an alien. He went home very late last night and he is now here all ready and it is just 8Am. 

“Two minutes, anna.” She told him and ran to the dining table. There she saw Varun eating his breakfast. 

“Go.. good morning, athaan.” she said, unable to hold his eyes on her. Her purple color salwar with lemon yellow pants and dupatta made her more attractive. Her mid-back length hair is left open with a cross partition and her face has no make-up except for the eye-liner. She left her dupatta flowing.

“Where the hell do you think you are going? You are going to college to study, not for some fashion parade. Pin the dupatta properly and the college has some rules about hair styles. No college allows open hair. Pin it up with a clip. Also, you are already late. No breakfast for you. Go!” he told her while eating his chicken broth and boiled chicken.

“Aunty, bring me that mutton curry and idli.” Lavanya sat near Varun and shouted looking inside. 

“Pavam, thambi!” Tharini brought a plate full of idli for Laya. 

“Don't look at me like that. You promised to take good care of me and now you are not even letting me eat breakfast? Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Skipping breakfast is not very good for your health. I cannot concentrate on my studies if I am hungry.” She talked to him while stuffing her mouth.

“Stop talking while eating. It is revolting. You have no basic manners or good habits.”

“Pch, aunty, Varun athaan also wants mutton curry and idli.” Laya shouted. “Venum na kettu vangi sapdanum. Atha vittutu enkita kova patta?(if you want, you just have to ask for it. What is the point of getting angry at me?)” She asked him for which he fisted his hands to control his anger.

After gobbling up her food, she ran upstairs again to make the changes he asked for. She knew these rules. She thought since it is Chennai it would be ok. I mean that is what the movies show us, right?

“Dhilip anna, I am ready!” She told him and Dhilip with a nod to Varun went to the car. 

“Why do you always make him angry?” Dhilip asked her as he drove towards her college.

“I politely said good morning and he was the one that told me not to eat breakfast. Poor him, he earns so much but yet he can not eat whatever he wants to.”

“Haha, he loves what he does.”

“Of course! He gets paid for all the illegal things he can do on camera in the name of acting.”

“Wow, you are so harsh! It is his profession, Vanya.”

“Would you be ok if your wife romance with different people in the name of acting?”

“Haha so you think of him as your husband and that is why his acting is revolting to you?”

“No! You are wrong. I cannot even think of him in that place because my husband should be a man whose hands never felt another girl except me. So he doesn't even pass the basic need to be my husband.”