Engagement

Shivay was eagerly waiting for Anika; it was their engagement ceremony today. The whole house was decorated with flowers, he could inhale the fragrance of red roses which were Anika's favorite flowers. She would be so happy to see them. They hadn't met for the past few days because of his hectic workload, and calls were also for restricted amount of time. He wanted to finish of all the work of the merger so that he can spend time with her.

"Bhai, how am I looking" Rudra interrupted his thoughts.

"Good" he said even without looking at Rudra but looking at his watch.

"If you are staring at the door would bring Bhabhi sooner, by now she would be here" Rudra joked

Shivay opened his mouth to ask Rudra to shut up, but his mouth was left open only. They're stood Anika at his door, wearing a beautiful pink lehenga. Drowned in pink from head to toe he thought, but the color suited her. He looked her from bottom to top, gently caressing her and when his eyes met hers, Anika blushed or so he thought.

All gathered around for the ceremony, Shivay's happiness knew no bounds, he was getting married to Anika soon. But when he looked at Anika he found her sad, in that same daze he put the ring on her finger. And they could hear claps around, when its was Anika's turn, she hesitated and the ring fell from her hand.

"Please excuse us" Shivay took Anika's hand and came to the poolside.

"What's the matter" he asked sternly and she just nodded saying nothing., but her sad face and eyes gave her away.

"You don't want to marry me" Shivay asked slowly, his heart breaking.

"I want to marry you" she said just as softly.

"Then why do you look so sad" when he was so happy

She hesitated "I want to marry you to save my fathers business" she said and looked up, and her heart broke seeing the look in Shivay's eyes.

"So you don't feel anything towards me" he said moving away from her.

"I .. I .." she stammered

"I have the answer Anika, this marriage wont take place" he turned towards the wall, and without him realizing a tear dropped from his eyes. He wiped it away and turned towards Anika"Don't worry I will still support your father's business"

Anika looked at him as if he had slapped her " I don't need your charity"

"I am not doing any charity, I will also benefit from it" he said sternly.

They both looked at each other, their hearts yelling at them to tell each other how they feel but they were bot stubborn to admit it.