Ch. 1 - studio session

The sound of your alarm wakes you up from your deep sleep. You glance at the clock and squinted your eyes to make out the blurry lines which read "6:32am."

"Great" you mumble as you sit up to stretch your arms and swing your legs over the side of the bed. This was the third day in a row of only getting 3 hours of sleep, but you supposed that this was the life you chose when you auditioned to become an idol.

As you stare at your reflection in the bathroom mirror, you start to reminisce about how you got to where you are now. Your days as a trainee at YG Entertainment seemed so far from now, as your group had since become a huge success with you as their leader. The days spent practicing until the early morning, attending vocal lessons, and saving up to enjoy meals were now replaced by jammed packed schedules, performances, and traveling overseas. You can't help but miss some of those old days. It was tough work and your future was uncertain, but times were less complicated back then and you could enjoy simple things like being in public without getting swarmed by fans, or going on dates.

Going on dates.

You can't remember the last time your heart fluttered or someone swept you off your feet. But it was for the best that your focus was solely on your career. After all, that's what got you where you are now—on your way to a recording session for a collaboration track at SM Entertainment. You hadn't had time to find out who it was you were collaborating with, being more focused on learning the song and preparing for the session. But you trusted that your partner would be equally prepared, and that the recording would proceed smoothly.

You were not prepared however, to be standing inches away from Jaehyun as you swung open the door to the studio.

"Oh, hi there, I was just about to take a quick trip to the bathroom. Sorry I didn't see you there." He shyly stated as he awkwardly massaged the back of his neck while avoiding your eyes.

You couldn't help but notice how effortlessly handsome he looked in a simple white T-shirt draped over some black joggers. His grey hoodie was unzipped and fell off his left shoulder, revealing just an inch of skin. His hair looked freshly washed and perfectly messy—was that a hint of vanilla you smelled? You almost got lost in a trance when he finally spoke up again.

"I'm Jaehyun by the way, nice to meet you."

You stumbled backwards a little bit, caught off-guard by the sudden close proximity between the two of you. He gently reached out his hand and you snapped out of your daze to return his handshake.

"I'm Y/N, glad to be working with you!" You cheerfully replied, slowly starting to regret lazily rolling out of bed this morning without putting much thought into your appearance.

"I'll be right back, you can go ahead and start recording your parts."

Jaehyun lightly gripped your shoulder as he slid past you in the doorway. Electricity sparked from his touch and it took you a few moments to calm your racing pulse before entering the studio.

Always making a point to be incredibly professional and give your best effort in your projects, you quickly shook off your nerves and refocused your attention to recording the song. You steadily started to feel more comfortable and began to put all of your emotions into your singing. After finishing your verses, you felt proud of your work, turning your attention to the producer to see if you got his approval. Instead however, your gaze met Jaehyun, who evidently was back from the bathroom and now stared at you with an unreadable expression. His momentary smirk turned into a sweet smile as he gave you a thumbs up from the other side of the window.