Ch. 9 - easy

Ever since the day at the art store, you and Hyunjin started spending time together regularly. Whenever either one of you were bored, you'd plan a movie night. Whenever you needed a buddy to go grocery shopping, he'd tag along. If he needed to decide which paint to use for his artwork, you'd come over to help him pick.

Usually these hangouts would start as booty calls, one of you shooting the other a text if you were feeling horny. Then you'd stick around and maybe do an activity together if you were still free. Recently though, you found yourself hitting him up just because you felt like seeing him. Sometimes you'd spend the whole day together without having sex at all. Whenever that happened, you couldn't help but wonder if Hyunjin was disappointed, but he never voiced any complaints. You'd always sneak a glance over to him while you lounged around his dorm watching and movie or painting or cooking together. He always looked content, sometimes catching your eyes and shooting you a smile, so you decide not to worry about it.

"Off to see Hyunjin again?" Lisa asked with a knowing look on her face. You almost didn't notice her laying on the couch as you made your way to the door to leave.

"Um, yeah." You hesitantly answer. For some reason, you felt like she had caught you sneaking out, even though you are free to go and hang out with whoever you wanted.

"Isn't this like, the third time this week?" She shifted in her seat so that she was now sitting upright and facing you.

"Maybe, I dunno. Why does it matter?" Her questioning started to make you feel defensive.

"Damn, are you sexually frustrated or something? You guys are really going at it a lot lately." Lisa smirks.

"Shut up, we don't always have sex." You roll your eyes.

"Oh? What else are you doing over there then?"

"Watch movies, or paint together...whatever we feel like doing." You cross your arms.

"And you feel like having quality time with Hyunjin this often?"

"Yes. I do."

"And you guys are friends with benefits still?"

"Yep."

"No commitment, no strings attached."

"None."

"No romantic feelings whatsoever?"

You let out a sigh. Honestly, why is she grilling you so hard about Hyunjin? You don't really owe her any explanations. "Why does this matter to you?"

"It matters because I know you, Y/N. You don't do 'no strings attached.' This whole 'fuck buddy' situation is not you. I'm worried it's going to end up hurting you again. Don't you remember how devastated you were after Jaehy-"

"Don't." You cut her off before she goes any further. "Don't bring that up again. It's in the past and I've changed now. I know I used to catch feelings for any guy who gave me the least bit of affection, but I've learned my lesson I promise."

You approach the couch and take a seat next to Lisa. "I appreciate you looking out for me, but I'm not the foolish girl I was before. Me and Hyunjin are just friends. We made that very clear."

Lisa still looks concerned, obviously not convinced by your rebuttal. "I just feel like the nature of your friendship isn't...typical."

"What do you mean?"

"Friends don't have sex with each other, Y/N."

"That's why we're friends with benefits."

"But friends with benefits don't spend quality time together like you guys do either. They just fuck and leave."