Ch. 4 - dance practice

Now that your group's comeback promotions were in full swing, you hardly had a minute to rest. From performances to variety show appearances to industry events, your daily schedule was packed.

Today, your first schedule was a dance practice for your duet performance with Hyunjin as the new Music Core MCs. You were confident in your dance skills, having started dancing when you were in grade school and improving your abilities since debuting as an idol. You knew Hyunjin is well known for his dancing too, and were curious to see how the both of you would perform together.

As your driver pulls up to the JYP building, you exit the car and make your way to the practice room. Being that it was your first time in the building, you found yourself getting a bit lost before you ran into a familiar face.

"Y/N, is that you?"

You turn in your tracks to meet eyes with the person who just called your name.

"Yeji! I'm so glad to run into you here!" Running up to her, you pull her in to a tight hug.

Yeji had trained with you for a few months at YG before she made the move to JYP. Once both of your groups made their debuts, you were overjoyed that you and your old friend had both achieved your dreams, regardless if you were together or not. Now, you cherish any time you cross paths.

"What are you doing here girl?" She asks as you release your embrace.

"I'm trying to find the practice room, but I got a little lost. Do you think you could help me?"

"Yeah of course, just take a right turn at the end of this hallway and it'll be the first room on the left. Why are you practicing here though?"

"I have a duet performance with Hyunjin for Music Core."

"Oh that's awesome! He's great, you guys will have such an amazing stage!"

You rub your shoulders and shyly smile. "I hope so, we worked pretty well together as MCs, but I'm kind of getting some weird vibes from him."

"A good weird or a bad weird?" Yeji says with a concerned expression.

"A good weird I think? I feel like he's flirting with me sometimes, but you know I was never good at picking up those signals."

"Well I don't blame him if he is, you're hot babe." She winks at you as you roll your eyes. "But do you think he's someone you'd be interested in?"

"I dunno, I'm not really looking for anything right now.."

"Then just have fun with it! Whatever happens, happens, right?"

You nod in agreement. You always admired Yeji's carefreeness and optimistic attitude. She exudes confidence and you fed off of her aura, feeling more self-assured when you were around her.

As you bid farewell and head towards the practice room, Yeji yells over to you once again. "By the way, Itzy is having a listening party for our upcoming album! You have to be there! I'll text you the details later, kay?"

You smile and give a thumbs up to her while walking backwards. Suddenly your back hits something behind you and you nearly stumble before two strong hands steady your shoulders.

You glance up, coming face to face with none other than Hyunjin. Realizing that he was the one who caught you from falling and that you were still laying against his chest, your whole face turns red in embarrassment as you quickly straighten yourself out.

You hear Yeji giggling in the distance and shoot her an embarrassed look before turning back to Hyunjin and apologizing for bumping into him.

"No worries, Y/N." He grins. "Besides, we're gonna do a lot more than bumping into each other during practice."