Ch. 3 - partners

Under the bright lights that surrounded the vanity, you observe your own reflection. The makeup artist had just added the finishing touches to complete your look, and you were minutes from hitting the stage. You admire the sharp winged liner and bright glitter that enhanced the inner corner of your eyes, making your gaze pop with intensity.

You turn to your group mates, all dressed up in cohesive satin outfits. Over your shorts, you wore a white satin blouse with flowing ruched sleeves that hung off your shoulders and a laced corset secured under your chest. Each member paired their outfits with black combat boots and tons of silver chains and jewelry. You felt exhilarated awaiting your turn to take the stage.

It was your first comeback performance and your first day as the new Music Core MC. After the release of your group's music video last night, your promotions began at full speed. You were lounging in the waiting room, sitting on the couch and enjoying some snacks when a staff member entered the room holding a tray of coffees.

"This is a delivery for Y/N." He stated as he placed the tray on the table and promptly exited.

Curious to see who had ordered the coffee, you looked up at your group mates with an eyebrow raised, but they all shook their heads.

You spot a post-it note attached to one of the cups, and reach for it, reading the message that the sender left.

"This is to make up for stealing your coffee last time. Congratulations on your comeback and good luck today!

- hj"

You can't help but grin at the sweet gesture before folding the note and placing it in your back pocket.

"Looks like someone has a secret admirer!" Lisa teases as she grabs a cup for herself. "At least he knows to treat the rest of us too."

"Y/N unnie has a secret admirer?" The youngest of your group, Somi, cutely cuddles up to you on the couch and pries for more information. "Who's the brave guy that's trying to pursue the ice queen?" She blinks up at you.

"No one is pursuing me." You roll your eyes. "It's just a friendly gesture."

"Mhmmm."  No one in the room is convinced, but they decide it's best not to question you any further.

You sip your ice americano with content, the cold drink somehow warming your heart. It felt nice to have such a friendly MC partner. You were excited to see him after you finished your stage today.

"You guys are up!" Your manager announces that it was time to head out.

As you approached the stage holding your members' hands, you did a quick cheer to get everyone hyped for the performance. Your heart was racing and a confident smile stretched across your face. It was showtime.

After finishing the performance, you exited the stage and were greeted by staff members holding fans and handing out cold water bottles. While the members monitored the performance recording, you quickly made your way back to the dressing room to change and prep for your MC role.

Hyunjin was already standing on stage in a white shirt and jean jacket, ready to present the next group. You scrambled to change into a pleated denim skirt and white sweater vest outfit to match his, then rushed to join him on stage.

"Hey! Sorry for the wait, I'm here!" You gasped trying to catch your breath from running.

"No worries, good to see you again! Your performance was amazing by the way. You looked incredible."

You smile brightly at him before turning your attention to your cue cards. This was your first shot at hosting so you didn't want to mess it up.

"I think you forgot to take this off." Hyunjin pointed towards the sliver chain necklace from your performance outfit that still hung around your neck.