Ch. 16 - mine

Pressed against Hyunjin's chest, you rest in his arms for a few moments while your breathing evens out. After the passionate and rushed sex you just had, the lust clouding your mind begins to clear and you realize that it may be a bit suspect to have stayed locked in a bathroom for this long.

Turning to face the mirror, you observe your own reflection. Your dress hung askew on your body, fabric bunched and wrinkled from where Hyunjin had tugged and stretched it out. Traces of his lips peppered your skin from your neck to your breasts, black and blue and red with his passion. A rosy blush fell across your cheeks, your lips tender and swollen from his harsh kisses and bites. Your hair was a mess, loose strands sticking to your face.

Your eyes travel to Hyunjin's figure stood behind you. His hands are still holding your waist, fingers adorned with silver rings, sleeves pushed back to reveal the veins traveling up his forearms. His tie dangled loose around his neck, his shirt was ruffled and his pants haphazardly hung around his waist, left unzipped. Gleaming beads of sweat trickled down his face, dripping off his chin. His mouth was slightly parted, lips puffed red as he panted. He looked beautiful, you thought.

Hyunjin notices the smile creep across your face as you watch yourselves in the mirror. He holds you close to his chest.

"Like what you see?" He whispers in your ear.

"We look like a mess." You chuckle.

"I think we look stunning."

You point to the bruises on your neck. "Look what you did! It's gonna take pounds of makeup to hide these!"

"I would've painted every inch of your body if we had time." He smirks.

You roll your eyes with a grin and turn to face him. "Let's get out of here."

Hyunjin arches his brows in amusement. "Eager to get back home already? One round not enough?"

You smack his shoulder. "No, I want to get out of this bathroom before anyone notices. Let's leave this party and get some fresh air."

"I'm pretty sick of this party too." Hyunjin agrees. "I'll go wherever you are."

"I have an idea..." You pull out your phone. "But I gotta text Lisa first to let her know I'm leaving."

Me: Hey girl, I'm gonna step out for a bit, will you be ok to stay until I come back?

Lisa: no worries! Chan said he'll take me home ☺️

Grinning at your phone, you do your best to ignore the urge to tease her. You're happy that she's getting along with Chan and you make a mental note to fully interrogate her about it when you get home.

Grabbing Hyunjin's hand, you lead him all the way out of the venue. You catch a taxi and after a short drive, you arrive at your destination: the Han River, the same spot you biked to a year ago.

It was dark out, the only illumination coming from the small waves in the river, reflecting the city lights. The peaceful sound of water streaming past you filled the silence in the air. An occasional ding or beep would echo in the distance, reminding you how secluded you and Hyunjin were in this spot, far away from any other inhabitants of the city.

Neither you nor he says a word. Instead, Hyunjin quietly drapes his jacket over your shoulders, to which you give a gentle squeeze on his hand to thank him, and you both take a seat on the grass by the edge of the river. You enjoy your tranquil intimacy for a few minutes, basking in the stillness between you. Memories of the year before, up until tonight flicker in your brain and you are overwhelmed with emotion.

"Did you mean it?" You faintly whisper.

"Mean what?" Hyunjin responds, still staring out into the water.