Ch. 6 - let's go

The early morning sun casts a beam of light through the window, landing on Hyunjin's sleeping figure and waking him up. He groggily opens his eyes but quickly shuts them due to the brightness. With a groan he rolls over, only to find an empty bed.

That's right, you had left him last night. After your drunken conversations, passionate sex, and him asking you to stay..you still left. Hyunjin is disappointed to say the least. He had genuinely enjoyed having dinner with you, sex or not. It was so easy to talk about anything and everything with you, and for some reason, you made him feel comfortable to share his honest thoughts and feelings. You even showed sincere interest in his art, while most usually get bored.

He knows that you're just friends, but Hyunjin cares about you too. He's concerned when you show up to practices looking drained and sleepy. He wishes he could comfort you when he sees your eyebrows furrow in worry as you struggle to memorize your lines. After you admitted that you've gotten your heart broken before, he curses the guy who hurt you and wants protect you from ever getting hurt again. All Hyunjin wants is to hold you in his arms and whisper sweet nothings in your ear.

But you didn't want to stay. In fact, you pushed him away when he tried to hold your tighter. Maybe you didn't hear him ask you to stay, but it hurts him regardless.

Chan has warned Hyunjin time and time again about falling too quickly. He knows that Hyunjin is the type to wear his heart on his sleeve, and his romanticism of love could easily end up hurting him if he fell for the wrong person. Hyunjin knows this too, but he just can't help it. Yes, you very well could be using him for his body, but then why did you talk with him for hours before things even got sexual? Surely you weren't faking your enthusiasm in your conversations just to get in his pants.

Hyunjin's thoughts are spiraling out of control, so he walks over to the bathroom to splash some water on his face and snap himself out of it. He stares at himself in the mirror, noticing his tangled hair from where your hands grabbed it, and bruised lips from your shared kisses last night. His stomach flips thinking about it.

Someone enters the bathroom at this moment. Minho notices Hyunjin's frazzled expression, and although he's not typically the type to inquire about his friends' worries, he couldn't just ignore Hyunjin standing there looking like he's contemplating the meaning of life.

"Hey, you good?" Minho asks.

Hyunjin shakes his head a bit, "Yeah I'm fine, thanks."

Relieved he doesn't have to deal with any awkward conversations, Minho nods and proceeds to grab his toothbrush. He starts brushing his teeth in silence when Hyunjin turns to him again.

"Actually hyung, can I ask you for some advice?"

Minho's shoulders slump. Great, what trouble has Hyunjin gotten himself into now?

"It's about a girl.."

Girls huh? Of course. Hyunjin has never been successful at relationships. It's either he wants someone who is bad for him, or he's being pursued by someone he's not interested in but is too nice to reject.

Though he would've preferred a more peaceful start to his morning, Minho has a soft spot for his younger members and always offers to listen to their worries.

"Lay it on me, what girl problems do you have?"

Hyunjin takes a deep breath before unloading the whole story of his feelings and interactions with you. Minho nods as he listens, still brushing his teeth.

"...and I don't even know if I want to be in a relationship with her, because I don't know how she feels, but Chan hyung always tells me I move too quickly so maybe I'm overthinking things, but I do enjoy spending time with her and I—"