♡ back to school / chap 1. ♡

☆05/01/2011☆

The atrocious sound of my alarm woke me up.

"Fuck" crashed it on the floor to stop this terrible sound as I realised that it was my first day, in a new school in Italy.

England is where I originally grew up, My mother registered me in this dumb bilingual private school filled with dumb rich kids. As you could tell by my enthusiasm I wasn't quite cheerful to adapt in a new school. They mostly taught English and French, I knew Italian just a little since my father use to teach me when we came to visit my grandparents in Italy.

Slipped on my school uniform and was surprised by the length of my skirt that would definitely be dress coded back in my other school in England.

I rushed downstairs and I saw my mother gathering her stuff

"Hey ma-"

"Listen there's milk in the fridge and eggs in the pan. I have to go have a good day-"

"But-"
My dear mother everyone, she's a flight attendant, which means she's barely home and sometimes spends several weeks away from home. I got used to it since I was a little kid, that's why I was more attached to my father because I spent my whole childhood with him.

My dad was a well known and successful lawyer but that was before he fell into the endless cycle of addiction and drugs. My family tried everything to get him out of it but in vain. Even intoxicated and completely losing himself he tried to be the best father he could, never tried to hurt me once and as a stupid kid I never knew how this wouldn't last forever.

When I was 14 years old, my mother received a phone call that would change our lives forever. My father lost his battle to addiction due to a heroin overdose. It was no surprise for my surrounding but something inside of me died that day, and it could never be fixed.
He was one of most beautiful kind hearted person i knew, he taught me everything except how to live without him.

My father broke my heart before any guy could, and the main reason why my mother wanted to move to Italy was because she wanted a fresh start for me as it was affecting my mental health so bad to the point I started seeing a therapist. Also because her parents lived their so she would feel less alone maybe? I don't really know, our relationship is extremely completed.

When he died its like I realised I had a mother and had no choice but to bond with her. Of course none if it worked as for me, I always saw her as a stranger.

Glanced at the clock, it was already 7.45 and school started at 8. I stuffed those eggs in my mouth, grabbed my bag and rushed to the bustop.

Hey loves^^^ every chapter I'll introduce the characters and how I imagine them! Let's start with our main character <3

♡athena hermes♡