Drum Demon

Hoshi put on his uniform and his haori. He walked outside the mansion. Looking back he thought I won't be seeing this place for a while. He walked away heading towards the drum demon.

-----Flashback-----

"Kocho-sensei." He called out to Shinobu. She turned around and smiled at him.

"Yes?" She asked.

"I will be heading out. Please, take care of Aiko."

"Alright be careful." She said before turning back around.

"Ok."

-----End-----

He has been traveling for hours now. He looked up. Must be around 5:00 pm. He had to keep going. He had less than a day to get to his destination.

Time skip by lazy author

He reached the house finally. Hoshi then heard it. Tanjiro and Zenitsu were talking to the children. He watched them from the trees. They were now going inside. He dropped down. Zenitsu jumped.

"Hello." Hoshi said to them.

"Oh! It's you again!" Said Tanjiro

"Hey weren't you in final selection?" Zenitsu asked.

"Yes. Now, we should go inside."

"O-ok." Tanjiro said, wondering why he was being so cold.

Inside

(Also, in japan the first name is a way to show that you are close to someone or dating them so I will make the trio and Aiko call him Suzuki.)

Hoshi was way in front of them. He could hear Zenitsu yelling at him to slow down. He didn't. He wanted to get this  over with as fast as he could. Though, he's trying not to change the story to much. 

"There! 1st form: First light!" A demon rushed towards them. He used this form to try and quickly kill the opponent but it dodged. It then ran for Tanjiro and the others. He spun around.

"Star Breathing! 7th form! Gamma ray!" He stabbed the demon through the back. He angled the sword down and lodged his katana into to ground, pinning the demon to the ground.

"Go! I'll kill this demon!"

"What are you? Demon? Human? I can't tell! You look like a human but you have a demon scent!"

"I am no demon." The demon punched the ground sending a shock wave outwards. Hoshi got flung backwards. He landed on his feet and rushed towards the demon. 

"Star breathing: 6th form: Twinkle!" He twirled around. "Star Breathing: 9th for-" He got tackled into the wall. He looked at the demon who tackled him. A clone! Like the swamp demon.

"9th form," He jumped upwards. "Last light!" He decapitated the clone

"How did you even sense me? My clones always mess up even the best slayers." Hoshi started to laugh. "What's so funny?"

"First, if you were more experienced you would realize that you give out a stronger energy sense than your clones, and second,"

"Ack!" The clone demon felt a surge of pain shoot through it, it then fell onto it's knees.

"Your already dead."

"H-how, why?" It said weakly

"You haven't figured it out, then, I will not tell you if you aren't smart enough to figure it out yourself."

"Heh, I like you kid, thank you." Hoshi was baffled. Thank you? What kind of demon says thank you?

"Fine, I'll tell you my secret." He walked up to the demon and whispered something in it's ear.