Set Your Heart Ablaze

He was here, but what could Hoshi do? He failed to stop Tanjiro from getting stabbed, so he was unavailable. Inosuke needed to protect Tanjiro. Zenitsu was nowhere to be seen, and Nezuko was probably with him. He was the only one who could help. But he almost died to a demon with no rank, how could he save Rengoku.

Then it began, the fight started. Hoshi was to busy doubting himself to think about the fight happening. Help me see what is happening, please.  He felt burning around his eye as it shot open, then everything slowed. And he could see it all. Every punch, every swing, and every change in their bodies. It was different than selfless state, but why was it so clear?

 I can sense how bad you want to save this man, and he seems decent. So, I will lend you my power. Just this once. You stand no chance against that demon, but you can save the slayer. Just trust in me, and most importantly, trust in yourself. 

So Hoshi did just that. He knew this demon was still him, so he knew he could trust it. And he did it. He joined the fight with Upper Moon 3. And it was everything he could ever want. With this slowed state, he could adjust to whatever Rengoku did, and Rengoku could do the same, even without it. Every punch that Akaza threw, he dodged. Every slash Rengoku attempted, Hoshi assisted.

Then he felt it. This intense dread, just like he felt that morning. The dread of silence, the feeling of anxiety, the fact that it could happen any moment. Death was nearing. And Hoshi knew it better than Akaza. Better than Rengoku. Better than neither Muzan nor the Master ever could. But he could stop is. So one last time, he did.

He stood in front or Rengoku as the final punch was thrown. The blockade managed to slow the fist enough. It didn't touch Kyōjurō. Not a finger was lain on him. And the tears started to fall.

"Rengoku, I did it. I saved you. I managed to do it. Hurry..." Hoshi coughed and saw blood fly out his mouth. "Kill him, Don't let him get away."

"Hoshi!" He heard Tanjiro's voice ring out. Shoot, Tanjiro saw, now he'll be sad. Stupid peice of empathy. Before Rengoku's sword made contact with that horrid demon's neck, it ran. Akaza blew his own arm off and ran.

"You're lucky I can't curse in front of Tanjiro, or you'd be hearing words that aren't meant to be said." Is what he said. Not some famous last words, but a threat. 

Then Hoshi blacked out. But at least Rengoku was alive. He heard voices he couldn't make out, but he didn't care. The pain was fading. Did that mean he was dying? Doesn't matter if that is what it means. He is safe, alive. They all are. Before he could think his last thought, he heard one thing. You are to important to die, wake up. I won't let you die before I can learn you secrets. You know way to much to be let go to waste. Then that burning pain radiated through his body. And it was worse than last time. Last time it was an attack, this time he was being saved. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(First person POV.)

I woke up in a place too familiar for my liking. The infirmary. I'm alive... interesting. Better make the best of it then. I tried to move and nearly cried out. No, nope, nuh uh, never. Never moving again. I'll die before trying that again. Then I heard something that made my heart race. It was her voice. Even through the pain, I made myself sit up. And what I saw in that moment was better than what I heard.

It was Aiko in a slayer unform, her hair in a messy bun. After his eyes fully adjusted, he saw a Kakushi with a weird look in his eyes. It was that pervert Kakushi that gave Mitsuri that horrid uniform. And he killed him. Just kidding, Hoshi only slammed his head into the wall before punching him, full force mind you, where the Sun don't shine.

"Hoshi! What the heck!" Aiko yelled.

"Trust me, it isn't the first time I did that to him. You should've seen his face after he gave Kanao her uniform."

Before I could continue releasing my rage on that piece of-, I can't say that, Aiko did something unexpected. Something that was new for both of us. I was a simple movement. But it stopped me dead in his tracks and I thought I might just die. You probably know, but in case you don't, she kissed me. And surprise was an understatement. I felt everything just stop. Both mentaly and physically. That corny pink, cloudy background that sometimes appears in romance anime. Those stupid flowers. That's what happened to me. My brain clouded over, I felt nothing but her lips on mine. And then it stopped. Oh why did it have to stop. Why couldn't it continue forever. Why did she stop. He was still in a tight embrace when that heavenly voice said something.

"I love you Hoshi, die again and I'll kill you." That was all she said, and I realized...

"This is a dream, why does this keep happening." Then she slapped me and I stumbled backwards. 

"It's not a dream stupid, you're supposed to say it back." She said. "I need to get changed, this is to revealing." Then she walked away. 

Why didn't I stop her? Short answer, I was visiting a place commonly known as Heaven. Or Elysium if you are a nerd like me. Then someone walked in. He looked up and saw his Shinobu.

"Sensei! What are you doing here?"

"I live here." She said blankly. "Just kidding, I was going to deliver your medicine before getting distracted." She said.

"With what?" Nosy kid, I am.

"Well, I saw you beat up that Kakushi..." She motioned to the man knocked out and laying on the floor. "Then... something interesting caught my eye." I felt the blood rush to my face faster than I thought possible.

"I-i can explain. Actually I can't. But still!"

"Stop worrying. My student, more like brother, is exploring the REAL world. I'm proud." Shinobu is wise. Shinobu is like a mother, but way too young, so more like older sister who has seen more than the average person.

I am forcing myself to end it here. I am tired and I want to enjoy myself after I had to write an essay (5 different steps that each take all of the forty-five minutes I have in class) and take a unit test. I barely finished and kinda wanna die now. I'll fix up the Aiko and Hoshi thing, after processing Rengoku is alive now. Thanks for reading and have a good day/night.