SEVEN - Did I do the right thing?

SEVEN

The cold weather of the Australian climate brushed up my nerves. I felt cold everywhere apart from my eyes that were already tired from tears. I sought for warmth and I wasn't really sure any would come.

As I walked through the pedestrian track which was demarcated by white and black coloured kerbs, I held tightly to my bags. I looked up to the stars and sighed, this wasn't the time to watch stars too.

Even in the dark, the roads were bright due to streets lights. I walked sluggishly, I didn't even know where I was heading. My cold weary hand managed to flag down a taxi, while the other clutched tightly to the Bags.

"Where to?" came the voice of the good looking taxi driver. He was putting on a bright smile.

"Just take me to any near by hotel." I replied entering the car without waiting for a response.

My breathe was cold too. The man gave me a - what - is - wrong - look? But I didn't care.

We drove in silence and I wished the wheels moved faster.

***************

I entered the warm room and felt at ease. It was as though a large burden in me was removed. I felt relieved. I walked straight into the bathroom for a shower, to wash off worries - I would say.

I was awakened by the continuous knocking on the door. I walked towards the door with sleepy eyes demanding who it was disturbing my sleep.

A waitress walked in placing a tray of food on the center table. "Dinner." she announced smiling.

"Thanks," I smiled back looking at the dishes. Yummy.

The door made a noise while closing and I realized she was gone.

I rested comfortable on the bed staring at the food, sleep gone. My eyes got attracted to the note attached to the tray.

"Kandos hotel," I murmured touching the note. How silly I was. I didn't even know the hotel I checked in last night. The receptionist did mention it but I guess I was too tired to listen.

After breakfast, I was bored. Turning on the tv, I searched for a channel.

Alice through the looking glass kept me busy. It was captivating to watch. As Alice tried saving her friends, I remembered home. Should I have done same? Save Peculiar? But how?

The four corners of that house is filled with worries. I sighed looking around, "no worries." I muttered.

I tried so hard to forget peculiar but his handsomely devilish face kept appearing. "Did I do the right thing?"

I knew definitely that I didn't run away, I only wanted a break. I wanted peace but that was the problem. How would I have peace when my household was in pieces?

I closed my eyes and tried getting more sleep. Then I thought - maybe I was never destined to be a mother, just like my mom. She wasn't supposed to get married nor have a baby.

I was still mad at her even when I knew she did it with fear and love. Shouldn't she have been truthful?
But the deeds were already done.

The birth of peculiar and I were posthumous. Tears filled my eyes and in seconds I was crying, holding tightly to my pillow.

This was harder than I expected.

_______

Hello friends, how are you guys?

I hope you are enjoying the story. Please vote and let me know your comments.  SVC!

Jeanie is slowly getting used to having an abnormal son. Let's see how much troubles mother is receiving from Peculiar, shall we? Next chapter here we come!

I love you all and remain blessed.  I love readers just like me and I'm fond of writers/ creators like me. Thanks. Happy birthday to whoever it is 🎂🎂🎂.