FOURTEEN - Breaking the curse.

FOURTEEN

The thoughts of murdering peculiar, my baby - my normal baby (I had become proud to call him this) kept me up most nights. It's been 5 days since she disclosed the entire mystery to me and I hadn't decided yet. I was dumbfounded, why has God decided to punish me?

Can't I live a good and successful life? Far away from the jaws of pain? Can't I even be a mother? Can't I get the love and care I deserve? Is it to much to ask?

I not only had to suffer lots of pain but also have to bear the guilt of being a murderer and that to for the rest of my life.

Wasn't there another way to liberate myself from the curse?
I was tied up in knots. I stared at the ceiling and tried not to remind myself that I had just 2 days left - to break the curse.

I suddenly grew wild over mother and saw her as a foe coming to steal and destroy. First she stole my love, my life and secondly she destroyed my life. What was I living for if I had to murder my only begotten son whom I've grown very fond of?

I hadn't been in contact with mom for some days now but I kept on assuring her that I was still alive whenever she bangs on my door noisily. I just couldn't do it.

For the past few days, mother never brought up the topic again and that scared me. She was actually telling the truth. Turns out I'm the one who is actually afraid of the unknown. What if peculiar still returns after killing him?

If this is my fate, then so be it.

**************

That morning, I was suddenly captured by guilt. I couldn't even enter his room because I had nursed an I'll feeling against him. I wanted him to enjoy his last day on earth. Mother was preparing for rituals - rituals she alone knew how to perform.

Strings of red and white thread were tied around his bed. Peculiar was asleep. I cried all day, mourning for the living. Was I going to miss him?

Two options stood right in my mind. Options that would make great impact in my life - let peculiar die without killing him and live in regrets all my life or kill peculiar before he becomes 1 year old and be free from the curse. I knew I was already guilty of the crime even though I hadn't committed it yet.

Then suddenly by 5 minutes to 12 mid night before he turned 12 months old on the dot, I walked into his room dragging a dagger along with me. Dragging because my hand wasn't willing to carry or use it.

Mother insisted on a dagger to ensure he was completely ended. As I raised the dagger in front of him, he opened his angelic hypnotizing eyes and tried to weaken my emotions. I fought it. Tears dripped down my eyes as I butchered him with every strength in me. To punish him for his bad deeds.

Immediately, darkness engulfed the room, smokes hovering around. And before I could mention his name, Peculiar's body was gone but his blood stains remained on his blanket.

Slowly I sat on the floor and in tears I watched his blood flow swiftly towards me. "Peculiar!!!" I screamed.

Mother gave me a victories hug.
"We would miss him." she whispered but I knew that was only to console me. The mother I knew would never miss peculiar.

End of Flashbacks....
_________

Hi pals

It's painful right?

I think Jeanie made the right choice. Do you? Read the epilogue for more.

Please let's vote, share and comment.
I love you all ❤️❤️.