Nine - Peculiar just walked!!!

NINE

I stood in front of the mirror, dressing my frizzled hair and admiring my statuesque beauty. I had this intense golden sparkling eyes, long lashes, carved eye brow, flawless fair skin, pointed nose, a gap tooth with pink lips. All wonderfully positioned on my oval shaped face.

Infact mother used to tease me with her funny mellifluous jokes - You were created on the very day darkness went on exile, God is a wonderful artist....

I would smile and laugh at such jokes. Mother was good at assessing people. I was a replica of my dad - an eminent business man. Mother's word, make me Believe he was the most handsome man ever! Well, he did rescue her. That alone was cute.

Suddenly, as I stared at the mirror, I wished I were Alice of wonderland. If I did pass through a looking glass, would I be in wonderland? A land of less worries? I shook my head in doubt. That did happen if only my life was a fairy tale that normally had happy endings and besides, wonderland also had difficulties too. Nothing can ever be perfect. Nothing is meant to be perfect.

I glanced at the wall clock wondering why my chauffeur hadn't come. I needed to be at the sepulchre to anoint my dad's body with hymns and prayers. It was a tradition I did together with mom. For fear of running into mom, I decided to go in the morning instead of evening our usual routine.

"His ways are ambiguous..." I muttered looking at the clock again.

****************

It was really a good thing that mother wasn't there when I arrived. I dropped some flowers before leaving.

At the hotel, I was warn out. I needed refreshment. My whole body ached. I needed a massage, badly.

Slowly and romantically, I pulled off my dress. Carelessly placing it on the sofa, exposing the beautiful and sexy curves of my body covered with lingerie.

I walked majestically swaying my hips towards the refrigerator. I was confused on what to take - it was fantastically stocked.

Staring at the miscellaneous items, I finally took a champagne with a shrug.
I wasn't a teetotaler but mum and dad were. Most times I wondered where the trait of drinking came from and normally concluded I got it from Aunt Kasey. Once or twice, I had seen her drunk.

I popped the drink and poured out its contents nonchalantly in a champagne flute.

I laid comfortably in a water bathtub covered  with rose petals. It kind of made the water pink. I close my eyes, after applying cucumber face mask and occasionally sipped my way to the magic world - a land of no worries.

"What else could life offer?"

For the first time since I can remember, since Peculiar was born - I felt alive , I got inner peace.

I forgot about every being - Dad, Mom, Peculiar and Nelson but remembered someone. MYSELF.

All my life I tried living up to people's expectations and now I know it's not possible.

All my life I've been living in Mysteries and thank God I'm out of it.

I took another sip and had a satisfactory smile on my face.

"Life is good," I murmured taking another sip. Actually the sixth.

'Sweet Jesus!' Mother would shout if she was found me drinking but off course I wouldn't tell her.

A sense of nonchalance engulfed the room and my spirit was high. I compared my home to the hotel room. The difference was clear.

I earned respect here but was denied it at home. The hotel was nice and comfortable with no worries but my house was filled with troubles and headaches.

Then my phone rang - Mother was calling. The first call I'd receive from her since a month. I answered it, to warn her not to disturb my life, not at this very moment.

I still need time. Okay, now I think I'm being selfish.

A panicking voice came from the other side and dropped three words. Three words that formed a shocking and unbelievable statement.

Three words that took my ass off the bathtub. Three words that left me startled and for that reason, I zoomed off to my home. My nightmare.

"PECULIAR JUST WALKED!!!" Mother said and hanged up.

How come????????

He was just five months old. Just when I thought all would be fine.... and now we have ended up from the frying pan into fire.

"What the heck?" I screamed smashing my phone on the floor.

More troubles.

_________

Hi friends 💞

Oops looks like things are getting harder than Jeanie thought. I guess she's isn't prepared for a drama yet. Peculiar caused troubles with his mouth, and now he could walk. I  have fears.

Let's know if Jeanie can survive this. Surely running away wasn't a good option right?

Please don't forget to SVC ! Let's get interactive.

Remember it's philiahilz and I love you all. If you haven't read A mermaid's fake love, then you're missing out! Thanks and have a lovely night.❤️❤️