Eight - Mother and Peculiar

EIGHT

Mrs kernel Amanda's pov.

I wasn't finding it funny caring for peculiar alone. Things were neither bad nor worse, but the situation got worst just after Nancy left the house. Peculiar was annoying, I swear.

I was constantly replacing my spectacles due to the pitch of his loud voice. Always cracking and shattering things. Even my wine tumblers.

"Turd banger!" was the second name I gave him. It feels like the house would collapse any minute from now.

I wished Nancy did return. It's been weeks now already, I'm even scared to call. I feared I was loosing my daughter slowly.

Looking at her room, I sobbed. I wished I had opened up earlier. I knew all these were my fault but I couldn't help it. Peculiar wasn't helping either. He was good at that. He added to my worries. Every now and then, I attended to his endless demands. I still sang him lullabies but strange Peculiar was never grateful. He did want more and more.

Slowly I got depressed without even realizing it all in the name of serving Peculiar - an ungrateful turd.

**************

Jeanie's pov

I laid my head on the bed but laid my heart at sea. My heart was confuse. I was still contemplating on the issues at hand - should I go home?

After decades of thoughts, I concluded Mother and Peculiar should be kept at arm's length. I still needed time. Maybe a month.

And yes, I was sure not to hear mother's annoying statement - don't worry, all would be fine. I mimicked her voice, smiling to myself.

I went over to the office. My secretary proved herself right. She was doing a great job managing the company.  I did have less troubles too. I offered them a chance to party in appreciation. I also reconsidered employing Lucia, the one whom I fired because of her baby reminded me of peculiar. She was happy.

I shouldn't punish others for my misfortune.

I returned at the hotel to meet an empty room and I soon understood that I might live like this for a month. I miss Mom. Did she miss me? Looking at my cellphone, I frowned. She didn't even call.

The waitress arrived with dinner and I munched it. Taking a bath afterwards and then to bed.

I didn't dream of peculiar anymore and I felt relieved. He must be fine. It did be good to meet him normal again.  I felt warm and stepped down to on the AC. Then I went back to bed, to have a wonderful night with a smile on my face.

At least I was happy, I guess?

__________

Hi guys

I think Mother has repented. Jeanie should forgive right? And Peculiar, he is getting worst.

Sorry the chapter is short! I don't know what else to add🥲😂😭.

Have a lovely day.❤️ Remember to vote and share too.