Speed Trapped

In the lab, Bree, Chase, and I were sitting at a table while Adam and Leo were putting stuff away in their bags. Bree was brushing her hair while I was reading a comic book.

"Tonight's the night! The new frozen yogurt shop is opening!" Chase says to us excitedly. "Fifty-two flavors and four of them are sugar-free." Bree and I gave him weird looks.

"Oh, who are you kidding? You passed out the first time you discovered nail polish." Chase says to Bree.

"I've heard of those yogurt places. They get you by charging for toppings. So, I'm bringing my own." Adam says, walking over to us. He unzips his jacket to reveal the bags of toppings he has. "You don't even wanna know what's in my pants." He slaps his pants pockets, and all we hear is a squishing noise. "Aah! Ooh! Hot butterscotch! Ooh!"

"Sorry, you guys are coming home straight after school." Mr. Davenport says. "So no flavors, no froyo, no hanging with the bros, peeps, and homies."

"Bros, peeps, and homies? Don't. Just...no." Bree says.

"What's got you so grouchy?" Leo asks. "They run out of human footstools at the rich-guy club?"

"Did you forget your little buddy Marcus found the lab yesterday?" Mr. Davenport says. "He could've discovered our bionic secret."

"Oh! Okay, so it's our fault that your million-dollar smart home system didn't stop him?" I say as Bree, Chase, and I stand up.

"Don't go there, short stack. I was getting my beauty sleep. Something you might want to look into." Eddy says. I just stick my tongue out at Eddy.

"Look, it doesn't matter whose fault it was, even though someone was supposed to be watching him." Mr. Davenport says, pointing to Leo.

"Well, technically someone pulled Leo away, letting Marcus roam free," Leo says, pointing to Mr. Davenport.

"Guys, I think you're talking about each other," Adam says.

"Bottom line, I am keeping a tighter leash on you four. And Leo, because I can't always be there, you have to step it up and do a better job of watching out for them." Mr. Davenport says.

"No problem, Big D. I may have let one goon get too close, but I won't let any more Marcuses slip through the cracks," Leo says. "From now on you can call me the Enforcer!"

~*~*~*~*~

"The hammer is down, people. No more talking to boys, no more talking to girls, no more helping old ladies to their cars!" Leo says as the five of us were in the lab. I sat by Mr. Davenport's computer while Leo talked to Adam, Bree, and Chase.

"I was helping your grandmother," Chase says.

"Trust no one!" Leo says, getting into Chase's face.

"Wait, why aren't you telling Cassie any of this?" Chase asks.

"Because Chase, unlike you three, I believe Marcus is evil, and I'm willing to do everything it takes to take him down," I say, getting up from my chair and walking over to my siblings. Mr. Davenport runs into the lab. He was dancing and acting all giddy.

"It's here! It's here! It's here!" Mr. Davenport shouted.

"What? What is it?" Bree asks.

"Whatever it is, I hope it came with a big bag of masculinity, 'cause I never want to see that again," Eddy says before logging off.

"Just come here!" Mr. Davenport exclaimed. We all laugh and follow Mr. Davenport into the garage. My eyes widen when we see a nice-looking car parked in the center of the garage. "Meet the world's first self-driving car, designed by yours truly. That's right, just when you thought I couldn't get more awesome, BOOM! I got more awesome!"