Spy Fly

In the lab, Chase was helping Bree with some last-minute homework before we left for school. As they were working, a fly buzzed around Bree, and she swatted at it. "What is that?" She asks.

"Bree, relax. It's just a fly." Chase says.

"Well, why is it bothering me when the foul, ripe stench of Adam is right there?" Bree asks, pointing to Adam, who is sitting in a chair next to them and eating a bowl of cereal. I was sitting next to Adam and eating a bagel.

"Lucky undies. Nine days in a row and no lightning strikes...that's science." Adam says.

"Gross." I cringed. As the fly continues to fly around Bree, Leo walks in laughing.

"You look ridiculous," Leo says.

"Well, yeah, so would you if you had some flying thing attacking you," Bree says. Leo presses a button from a watch he was wearing, and the buzzing stops.

"Would I?" Leo says, holding out the fly in his hand.

"How'd you do that?" Bree asks.

"I talk to insects. They call me the fly whisperer." Leo says.

"No, they don't," I say, giving Leo a weird look.

"You can talk to flies? Ask him why bees are such jerks." Adam says, getting up from his chair.

"Guys, Leo's messing with you. That's Mr. Davenport's spy fly." Chase says, grabbing a metal container from Leo's bag. "He designed it for recon missions. You see, the fly's head is a tiny camera. Leo's controlling the entire thing with a trackball on this watch."

"Is there anything you don't ruin?" Leo asks, rolling his eyes at Chase.

"Nope. Leo, I don't think Mr. Davenport would approve of you using his expensive gadgets as toys." Chase says.

"Well, then, he shouldn't have gone to rock n' roll fantasy camp. Hello! You're almost forty! You can't rock. And you're no one's fantasy." Leo says.

"Can I see it?" Bree asks. She tried to grab the canister from Leo, but Leo backs away.

"Back off, handsy," Leo says. "It needs to charge in its fly hive. I used it all night."

"Wait. You spent all night playing with that stupid thing?" Bree asks.

"Well, half the night. I spent the other half editing the footage." Leo says.

"What footage?" Bree asks.

"Well, now that you've asked..." We all follow Leo over to the monitors. "I give you the best...of Bree." Leo plays a video of Bree sleeping in her capsule on the screen. There are various shots of her snoring, drooling, and kissing the wall of her capsule. Adam, Chase, Leo, and I start laughing.

"I can't believe you, Leo!" Bree says, embarrassed.

"Hey, it's not my fault you sleep ugly," Leo says.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At school, Leo, Bree, and I walk down the stairs as Leo continues to bother Bree with Mr. Davenport's spy fly. "Would you cut it out?! I cannot believe you brought Davenport's fly to school." Bree says. "Now I have three little pests following me around."

"How could I not? He's my...wingman." Leo says.

"Oh, come on, Bree. Are you really that surprised? It's Leo we're talking about here. He's always messing with Mr. Davenport's stuff." I say.

"Hey, guys," Chase says. Adam and Chase walk up to us, and we see Chase carrying a plastic baby doll on his chest.

"Chase, have you been stealing from five-year-old girls again?" I say with a smirk. Adam nods his head.