Adam Up

In the lab, Adam, Bree, Chase, and I were finishing up a training session on one of Mr. Davenport's virtual training simulators while Leo watched from his desk. "Great job, guys. You just took out an entire unit of virtual cyborgs." Leo says as we took off our goggles and walked off the platform.

"I think it's sad that you have to invent people to play with you," Eddy says.

"All right, Leo. I'm off the clock. Let's get out of here." Adam says.

"I'm out of here, too. I texted Kyle and I said I was gonna meet up with him at the ice cream shop." I say.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Just 'cause Mr. Davenport's away doesn't mean we stop training." Chase says. Leo, Adam, and I groan. "How do you think I feel? I'm missing a four-hour documentary on the history of the printing press."

"And you wonder why people think you're boring," I say, making Chase give me a look.

"But Leo and I were gonna play human bull's eye bounce," Adam says. "Don't worry, it's way more dangerous than it sounds."

"Human bull's eye bounce. Is there any way you could get a good enough bounce to land in the emergency room?" Chase says. "'Cause that would save us a lot of time.

"Nope, he's right, Adam. As much as I enjoy watching you get hurt..." Bree laughs. "And I really do...we have to train. You too, Cass. You can hang out with Kyle another day." I groaned and walked over to Bree and Chase.

"Oh, come on. The adults are away! If we don't take advantage by doing something destructive, we're no better than...Chase." Leo says, making me laugh.

"I'm sorry, but unless he can be in two places at once, he's training," Chase says. "Come on, let's get the bo staffs."

"Oh, man, I never get to do what I want. It's not fair." Adam says.

"Aww. Are all of your cool bionic abilities and top-secret missions getting you down?" Bree says.

"Aw, thanks, Bree. I knew you'd understand." Adam says. Bree, Chase, and I walked away from Adam and Leo to continue our training.

"Sorry, buddy," Adam says to Leo.

"Too bad you can't be in two places at once," Leo says.

"Well, now he can!" Eddy says. "'Cause, it's time to play...Eddy's will it or will it not blow up in your face? A riding mower...a set of barbecue utensils...or a cellular duplicator!"

"Ooh! I really want to ride something on grass!" Adam says. "But I do love the grill!" Leo and Adam converse with each other as they hear a clock ticking. Suddenly, Eddy rings a buzzer.

"Eddy, we're gonna go with the cellular duplicator!" Leo says.

"Good choice! This lovely state-of-the-art device scans human DNA and creates a life-like double using synthetic bioplasma!" Eddy says.

"Too complicated. Go for the riding mower." Adam says.

"No. This is how we can make two of you. It makes a non-human twin out of a human." Leo says.

"That's right. But be careful, it's not fully tested, so there's a small chance it could go horribly wrong." Eddy says.

"Then why are you telling us to use it?" Leo asks.

"There's a small chance it could go horribly wrong," Eddy says.

"I'll give it a shot. Where is it?" Adam asks.

"I'll give you a hint." Eddy points a light to the cellular duplicator that was to Adam and Leo's right. They walk over to it.

"How does it work?" Leo asks.