Trent Gets Schooled

"Greetings, puke puddles!" Perry says as she walks into the cafeteria. Adam, Bree, Leo, and Kyle were sitting at the lunch table eating while Chase and I were still in line getting our lunch. "Tomorrow is yearbook photo day and, while I'm not sure why anyone would want a record of this awkward phase of your lives..." She looks at a blonde-haired boy with pimples and makes a face. "Ugh. I'll be your photographer. Oh, and don't blink, 'cause homie don't do retakes!" She leaves the cafeteria.

"Well, that settles that," Bree says. "I am so getting my hair done right after school."

"Oh! Can you bring me back some clippings off the floor? I need 'em to finish building my taj mahair." Adam says. He shows them a small model made out of hair.

"Where did all of that hair come from?" Kyle asks in disgust.

"Pets, shower drains, brushes...if you want it, you can get it," Adam says.

"Dude, that is disgusting," Kyle says.

"Yeah. Well, if you think that's gross, wait until you see buckinghair palace." Adam says.

"Why are you so concerned about a stupid yearbook photo?" Leo asks Bree as Chase and I sit down at the table.

"I am still trying to live down last year's picture when I wasn't ready for the flash and my eyes glitched." Bree holds up her yearbook photo from last year where she looked like a zombie. Kyle, Chase, Adam, and I cringed at the photo.

"Ugh." The four of us said.

"Bree, your zombie picture was the least of your problems with the yearbook. Perry photo bombed every group picture." Chase says. "Drama club, cheerleaders, swim team..."

"No! No, no, no! None of us need to see that again." Leo says, grabbing the book out of Bree's hands. The bell rings and the students leave the cafeteria.

"Move thirty-two! Hut! Hut!" Trent says as he plays football in the hallway with his friends. A football player passes the ball to Trent and he throws it across the room.

"Trent, what are you doing?" Kyle asks.

"Using football practice as an excuse to knock over innocent bystanders," Trent says.

"But it's not even football season," Kyle says.

"True, but it's always tackling season," Trent says. "Heads up!" He throws the ball to Leo and all of the football players tackle him while he screams.

"Let me help you up," Trent says, walking over to Leo and holding his hand out to him.

"Yeah, right. I'm not falling for that." Leo says.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm only being nice 'cause I need something." Trent says, helping Leo up. "You guys...are gonna help me pass my history test."

"You don't even take history," I say. "The only class you have left is physics."

"And since when do you care about taking tests?" Leo asks.

"There is a lot about me you don't know," Trent says. "I have many layers. I am very dense."

"Yes. Yes, you are." Chase says.

"Look, Perry says I can't fail again," Trent says.

"Oh, but you can. It's kind of your thing." Kyle says.

"Come on, there's gotta be some kind of trick. Like, what's that thing you do that makes you pass tests?" Trent says.

"It's called studying," I say.

"What else you got?" Trent asks.

"How about this? We help you pass, you move football practice back outside." Leo says.