Spike's Got Talent

At school, we were all looking at our yearbooks. Bree was sitting on the bench with Owen looking at her yearbook. Adam was looking at his yearbook with Leo while I was looking at mine with Kyle. Chase walked over to us and almost knocked me over as he held out his yearbook to us. "Did you guys see the yearbook? Everybody but me got a most likely to...even Leo!" Chase exclaimed.

"What? Let me see that." Leo says, taking Chase's yearbook. "Most likely never to get a most likely. I'm on the board!"

"Well, that proves it. I'm completely invisible at this school." Chase says.

"Chase, that's not true. If you were invisible, I couldn't do this." Adam says. He punches Chase. He walks away as Leo gives Chase his yearbook back.

"Chase, just because you weren't nominated doesn't mean you're invisible," I say.

"Oh, really? Yeah? What's this?" Chase holds out his yearbook and we see an empty box with a question mark and Chase's name is misspelled. "Chip Davenport. I'm a misnamed question mark!" Chase says. Chase slams his yearbook shut and Kyle and I just shrug our shoulders.

"Listen up, snot-buckets!" Perry says as she enters the hallway. "Don't forget to sign up for the annual Mission Creek High talent show. Auditions are after school and will be judged by moi. Chances are that if I don't like you, you won't get through, and I don't like any of you, so good luck."

"Talent shows are wrong!" Owen says as he walks over to Perry. "There are no winners or losers in creative expression."

"Stick a paintbrush in it, emo sabe!" Perry says. She walks inside the cafeteria.

"I refuse to stand by while that woman crushes the artistic souls of our student body," Owen says. "I'm gonna go sketch my feelings!"

"He is so tortured." Bree sighs. "Isn't it great?" She walks away from us.

"This talent show is the perfect opportunity for me to build my fan base," Leo says.

"Leo, you don't have a fan base," I say.

"I know. That's why I have to build one." Leo says. "With magic!" He waves his hands in front of our faces.

"Well, that is what it would take," Chase says.

"No. I got a magic kit and I've been practicing, specifically for the competition." Leo says.

"A magic kit? Isn't that kind of lame?" Chase asks.

"There is nothing lame about buying something off the internet to make friends," Leo says.

"I love magic shows. Show me what you got, Leo." Kyle says.

"Sure thing, Kyle," Leo says. He holds out a deck of cards. He pulls out a card and shows it to Kyle. "Okay, this is your card. Mm-hmm...hey, what's that sticking out of your shirt?" Leo reaches to pull something out of Kyle's shirt and he holds out the card he showed him. "Bam!" Leo turns to Chase. "See? Magic."

"That's awesome, Leo," Kyle says. "I've always been fascinated with stuff like that and wanted to practice it myself but I've always been too busy focusing on football."

"Well, there was that one time you tried doing this trick with milk and a newspaper but it went all over my new $80 sneakers," I say.

"I said I was sorry," Kyle says.

"Yeah, tell it to my sneakers," I say. Kyle and I walk away.

"You know what my problem is? All of my talents are bionic, and I can't reveal them at school." Chase says.

"Aw. Bionic people problems." Leo says. He tries to walk away but Chase stops him.

"Hey...give me those cards. Come on, gimme." Leo hands Chase the cards and Chase walks over to two girls. "Hello, ladies. Pick a card, any card." Leo rolls his eyes as one of the girls picks a card. "Put it back in." The girl puts the card back in the deck and Chase pulls out a card. "Is this your card?" The girl shakes her head and Chase tosses the card aside. He pulls out another one. "This one?" The girl shakes her head again and Chase keeps pulling out different cards. "This one? This one? This one?"