Prologue: Forged In The Stars

In a kingdom where peace once prospered, ash rains down from the skies

In a kingdom where peace once prospered, ash rains down from the skies. Whilst swords clash in a distant land and corpses scatter the ground like flowers once used to, a lone being lies curled up on the grimy ground within a lightless cave, attempting to tune out the world.

When a deep shudder racks the earth, rumbling down his scales and reaching his bones, he launches to an upright position, gripping the ground with his talons.

A small parchment of paper, no larger than a playing card from a standard deck appears before him, igniting an ember of curiosity and hope. He unfurls it eagerly, reading the words once, twice, thrice.

In a land long since surrendered to war,
A new power awakens to save us all.
A bringer of light to dispel the wrath,
A symbol of hope to forge a new path.
To return what was lost, to bridge the hate,
To sacrifice everything, and fulfil her fate.

He reads and rereads the paper, analysing the prophecy as if his own life depends upon it. With a reverence many would not have encountered, he gently tucks the paper under his arm before assuming his position lying down, as if he can physically embrace the words in his slumber.

He releases a deep sigh, flames leaping from his nose.

It's going to be a long wait.

Hiya! Thank you for reading! I would love to see your thoughts

Hiya! Thank you for reading! I would love to see your thoughts. See you in the next chapter :)

~ MaddyWilson 💙