20: Two Thrones

Large double oak doors were before her, each carved with intricate patterns, some she had grown up with and some she hadn't ever encountered before

Large double oak doors were before her, each carved with intricate patterns, some she had grown up with and some she hadn't ever encountered before. As she unbolted the heavy lock and threw them open, wonder hit her at the sight she beheld.

A room so glorious, so breathtaking in it's splendor. Pristine oak floors extended before her, appearing as though they had never been stepped on. The walls were a rich shade of cream, speaking of an elegance and wealth that would've taken most people's breath away.

The room was brightly lit, not due to the crystal chandeliers hanging from the high ceiling, but rather the high-rise windows framed by beautiful curtains, again sporting those same patterns she'd seen on the doors. The windows were allowing sunlight to shine into the room, casting a glow and illuminating the scene at the end of the large chamber.

A large dais was at the far end of the hall, upon which two thrones were placed. They were magnificent: both were the same size, with words in two languages engraved at the bottom, one in a language she recognised and one she did not. The two thrones had a plush red cushion built into the seat that looked comfortable for long days. However it wasn't the seat that caught her eye.

It was the two crowns that rested there, one on each throne.

This time one was slightly smaller, tailored to fit the head of the bearer.  Both were similar in terms of design, bearing one large purple jewel in the centre, and with one red and one blue jewel on either side. The crowns also appeared in perfect condition, as if they hadn't been worn much.

As if they were new.

A new kingdom, with two thrones.

None of it made sense to her. In a daze, she shut the ornate doors in front of her and heaved a sigh.

As her dream world shifted and she found herself on a ship surrounded by pirates, the strange room with the two thrones disappeared.

Only a faint scent of cinnamon spice still hung in the air, drifting away on the ocean breeze.

;)

;)

~ MaddyWilson 💙