Chapter 19

The demons skittered around the cracked ground as one towered over the rest, making her way to a bowl on one side of the room. The little demons beneath her feet seemed scared of the presence that the larger demon had and decided not to hang around to be used for some awful experiment.

      The demon hummed in discontent as she waved her hand over the bowl, the dark liquid rippling even though the demon did not touch it. An image came to view as the demon continued to work the scrying spell. As it focused, the demon tilted her head to the side as the image focused in on a blonde ninja fighting along side a dragon, defeating the demon that had attacked the village.

"Oh, so there is a new Purple Ninja? I wonder how long she will last," the demon asked herself, a devious grin slowly spreading across her face.

      She moved her hand in a new motion, coaxing the image to move. She watched as the blonde and her dragon fought together in sync, even if they were well out of their depths. The demon made note that this new Purple Ninja was very fresh, so fresh that seeing a demon still brought shock to the young one's face. The dragon was a hatchling, the demon made note of the scales that weren't as shiny as the rest, giving away the dragon's true age.

"A freshly hatched dragon and a ninja who has never been around demons. Oh dear, I fear she may not last very long then. Pity, I thought that maybe Liu's blood would be better than this. The Library must be desperate to be seeking the skills of a child," she thought aloud before turning away from the bowl. As the liquid stilled, the demon used a bit of magic to summon the right demon for the job.

"Yes, my Empress?" the demon asked, stepping out of the fog.

"There seems to be fresh meat in the village," she replied.

"It's been so long since the Library had a Purple Ninja. Why now?" the demon asked, cocking it's head to the side.

"The Library must sense that we have weakened the seal and will break it soon. But this new Purple Ninja is a child. I want you to make sure that she never makes it to the seal. She must not stop us from being free," she commanded. The demon bowed in front of her.

"I will not disappoint you, Empress Chaos," the demon replied. He stood slowly and created his own portal to leave the room.

      The Empress walked back to the scrying bowl and mimicked the motion she had previous, wanting to look at the face of her new, but soon to be defeated enemy.

"You poor thing. So much potential, and you won't live to meet it," she said lovingly into the bowl before letting out an evil laugh.