Chapter 4

Daniella woke to someone knocking on her door. She blinked a few times, trying to remember where she was. Daniella yawned, listening to another set of raps on the door.

"I'm coming. I'm coming," she called, leaving her warm bed. She quickly crossed the room and opened the door. In the doorway stood a lavender dragon hatchling, no taller than Daniella's hip. She grinned and reached out a hand for the dragon to sniff.

"Well good morning little one," she giggled as the dragon began to rub it's cheek on her hand affectionately. The dragon let out a playful purr like sound and turned to face one end of the hallway.

"Do you want me to follow?" she asked. The dragon turned and dipped it's head slightly, gazing down the hallway again. Daniella grinned.

"Alright, hang on just a moment," she said, stepping back into her room. She rushed over to the wardrobe and pulled out an elaborate robe, different than the one she wore the night before. The white leggings were a nice base for the purple robe covered in little flower petals. The long flowing sleeves were not attached to the robe, but it wasn't that noticeable with the white capelet that covered her shoulders. Daniella grabbed both the white sash that went around her middle and a purple ribbon to tie her hair up. As she was tying the sash and ribbon, her gaze fell to the hair pin that was still on the vanity. She glanced down at her attire and tried to find the best place to put it. Daniella felt the side of the robe, in search of pockets.

"When are they going to start making robes with pockets, honestly," she muttered to herself.

Daniella flipped the hair pin over and over, trying to come up with the best place to put it. She gazed down again at her outfit and noticed that the sash around her waist had many large folds, a perfect place to hide a pin. She looked at the hair pin and thought of how it would look as an enamel pin, one that she could simply pin to a piece of fabric. Daniella couldn't help a small smile as she watched the hair pin obey her thoughts and shrink to a rather small size. She flipped the pin over and took off the small back before finding a place within the sash to pin it.

Once she was satisfied with where the pin was safely hidden away, she made her way back to the hallway. The dragon was sitting in the hallway, patiently waiting for her to finish. Daniella walked up to the dragon and patted it's head gently. The dragon stood and began to walk down the hallway, Daniella close by.

She gazed at the walls of the hallway that were adorned with many different paintings. Some where portraits of Purple Ninjas of the past; others were landscapes of places Daniella had never seen before. The pair turned the corner of the hall and walked across a balcony that overlooked massive bookshelves. Daniella stopped and walked to the railing to take in the view of the never-ending sea of shelves.

"They say the shelves go on forever," a voice said from behind. Daniella turned to see who had spoken, expecting to see another ghost. Daniella frowned; the only thing standing behind her was the dragon. She leaned forward and gazed down both corners that led to different hallways.

"There aren't any ghosts up here right now. It's just me," the voice spoke again. Daniella whipped her head towards the dragon, who looked as if they were smiling smugly. She pointed a shaky finger in the direction of the dragon as if to ask, you?

"Yes, it's me who is talking. But don't ask my name, I don't have one. I hatched this morning and was told to come get you by this lady who was floating. You keep calling them ghosts, so I assume that's what they are," the dragon spoke, or rather thought.

"Excuse me, what is going on here? Why can I hear your thoughts?" Daniella asked.

"I don't know," the dragon answered simply. Daniella held her hand to her head. Surely she was still asleep. She had experienced weird things living in Ninjago, but this was a whole new level of weird.