Gillion Tidestrider x Reader

quick guide before i forget! Y/n is your name, Y/s is your species (woo fantasy!) and y/c is your class

trope: Hurt/comfort, slowburn

Prompt: Durning Chip and Gillions duel in the events of the chip on your shoulder, Y/n got in-between them to try and stop the fight, getting injured in the process. 

requested by @-StarrLux 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧

The sound of clashing metal woke up the Y/s instead of the familiar hustle and bustle of the crew's morning activities. The air felt sharp, almost painful to breathe in from the cold. Pulling their blanket over her shoulders, Y/n slipped on her slippers, rubbing the sleep from their eyes. The recent excursion in the floating casino had left her exhausted and she had gone to bed almost as soon as they made contact on the ship. In fact, they couldn't remember even making it to bed at all.

The lack of crew left a sour taste in her mouth as she climbed the steps of the ship, leaving the barracks. Y/n nudged open the hatch door, a wall of chill hitting their face and sending shivers down their spine as she pushed her way out, taking in the sight before them. 

A wall of ice took up her vision as the sounds they had heard below deck were much clearer. Swords and metal clashing mixed with the telltale sounds of shouting and arguing filled the silence as she abandoned the blanket, muttering obscenities to themself. "shit shit shit-" she skidded around the arena, almost running past the opening that had been made. The air was much colder inside than out, and they almost immediately regretted tossing the covering as goosebumps crawled up her skin. Y/n ran up to Jay, words coming out jumbled.

"What do we- jay what do we do-" The red-haired woman shook her head before responding "I don't- look Gill looks hellbent on this and-" As she spoke, her words fell on deaf ears, Y/n had time to take in the sight before her. Swords were drawn, blood clearly spilled already, the champion of the undersea, Gillion Tidestrider, and Chip, captain of the Albatros clashed,  dualing in ritual combat. They remembered that Gillion had told her about how honor and traditions were deeply important to triton culture, and after Gillion had found out about how Chip had been lying to him without a second thought, unfortunately, she had partially expected some sort of event or confrontation. Just not ritual combat where blood was drawn and honor restored.

Perhaps it was the cold, perhaps it was the adrenaline of seeing her best friend taking injuries and returning them to a fellow pirate, but they felt their feet move. It was like they were watching themself from a camera trained to the scene playing out. Y/n heard only her heartbeat hammering against her ribcage, the blood rushing through their ears. Although it took all but a second, it felt like an eternity as she shoved Chip out of the way as Gill brought down his blade.

Time slowed to a halt, the sounds around them tuning out as Gillion made eye contact with Y/n. And almost as fast, they stumbled over to the wall of the arena, a red trail following. Chip looked simply shocked, sheathing his sword. A clattering broke the silence as Gillion dropped his whalebone sword. The commotion sounded miles away as Y/n tried to steady herself against the wall, hand clasping at the deep gash on their stomach. Blood stained her clothing and hands, the warm slimy liquids sharp smell hitting their nose. 

All at once as the triton reached her, every noise and feeling came back all at once, overwhelming the y/s as Gillion maneuvered their free arm over his shoulder, panicked apologies escaping his lips. He hadn't meant or expected to hit them, certainly not as deep as he did. She winced at the sudden movement, talking without a care, seemingly trying to convince him they were fine. "Gilly I'm fine-" A yelp left her lips, causing Gillion to become more panicked, speeding up his pace towards the hatch door.