Prime Defenders x Reader

part two of the teilfing reader one shot!

Prompt: william shows the reader around the base and they end up recognizing Vyncent from their town. Dakota shows up and accuses them of being a villain. Hijinks ensue.

requested by   

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧

"...and this is the kitchen, or what's left of it," William explained. See, he had agreed to give the newest member of the team a tour of the old base, or at least what was left of it, before introducing them to Vyncent. So far they had been attentive, making mental notes of the layout of the crater of a base. Y/n nodded at the explanation, reappearing kitchen to themself.

"And I mean, the last place to check out is the training room- area? If you want to go there." They nodded again, tail flicking in the air. "That works." The ghost boy lead them out of the makeshift room, sneakers echoing as he walked. Their shoes clicked as they kept pace. "So, why does this place look like a giant punched it?" He stopped, biting the inside of his lip. "Sorry, sore spot-" "No no it's fine-" He sighed, recounting. "We had a party with some kids from school and there was the party city ghost-" "What the hell is a party city." "I'll explain later, anyways it turns out one of the kids was a supervillain and a few days later it was all up in flames and our mentor was kidnapped."

Y/n looked shocked, raising their brows. They hadn't expected that. Such a mundane part of life resulted in what appeared to be a tragedy. Of course, it was a tragedy, they reasoned, his home was destroyed and his mentor taken. They knew how losing a home felt, Fauna wasn't in the greatest of states, including their own hometown. Hell, they had only settled into a new home two years previous so it was still fresh. "Holy shit I- I'm sorry that happened. Did you even find your mentor?" "Yeah but uh- stuff happened and he was depowered a few months ago."

"Oh." William shrugged, rubbing his neck. "Yeah, shit happens. But uh-" He cleared his throat, catching their attention. "I bet Vyncent is training so, two birds with one stone, right?" They nodded, following as he left the makeshift room. 

He entered the partially destroyed training room, seeing that Vyncent was there in his original class, throwing knives at a target. "You sure he won't freak out?" Y/n mumbled to him, scooting closer to the boy. He nodded, walking over. "He's seen a lot of stuff so- I think he'll be ok. Hey Vync?" The half-elven man paused his throwing to look over at the peculiar pair. Vyncent jogged over, clearly confused. "Yeah, what's up?" He asked, staring at the teifling. 

"Do I know you from somewhere?' They asked, suddenly feeling bold. He paused as recognition dawned on his face. In fact, they both seemed to have a similar revelation as both of their eyes lit up. "Wait, I've seen you around town at home holy shit- Virion, right?" He nodded, grinning as he shook their hand. "Yeah, I also go by Vyncent here. And you're Y/n, right? You moved into town a few months before I ended up here." They nodded back, excitement clear, especially in the flicking of their tail. "The one and only!" William stood close by, confusion clear. "How do you know each other?.."  Vyncent swung an arm around their shoulders, ruffling their hair. "Well, they were younger when I left, but we're from the same town! How is it, by the way?" "To put bluntly, it's a shit show without the greats but uh- we're still alive." Y/n shrugged, not moving away. 

"But enough of that, I'll give you the rundown later. William here tells me you work as, what did you say?" They turned to him. "Superheroes." "Superheroes, thank you. which I understand is like adventuring,  and since you're training here, maybe I could join? If that's ok with both of you-"

The half-elf nodded, handing them a knife. "Yeah, no problem." They nodded, weighing the blade in their hand. They stood, stance wide. All noise bled away in the room as they took a breath, aimed, and threw the blade. While it was off-center and not in the mark, they had hit the target nonetheless.  "Nice throw." Y/n beamed, darting to grab the blade. They pulled it out, having to steady their hand on the target.  "Thanks, man, I'm not only good with a halberd." 

The teifling joined back up with the pair, handing Vyncent back his knife. Unfortunately, this looked like they were going to stab him, as they held onto the hilt. 

"VILLAIN!!-" A loud voice hollered, accompanied by the sounds of heavy footsteps. They had a split second to move and dart behind William as the figure tried to well- kick them.  The red blur tried to shove William out of the way as Vyncent held him back, hollering in response. "NO NO DAKOTA THEY'RE COOL-" "They look like a demon!!" Y/n shuffled out from behind the ghost boy, waving at the energetic boy. "Not a demon- I'm from Virions world-" "They're going to be staying with us while we find a way to get them home." Vyncent confirmed, letting go of Dakota. 

"Oh." His face looked blank, but he seemed to accept the answer. He walked closer, a hand outstretched to them. "Sorry about that- I'm Dakota Cole! Why do you look like that?"  Y/n shook his hand, wincing as his grip held firm. "I'm Y/n L/n, and I'm a teifling which is half demon which explains how I got here I think but also explains why I look like this." He held a finger on his chin, trying to look studious as he nodded. "Ok!" "Does that make sense?" Dakota shook his head as William asked him that. "Nope!" Y/n sighed, patting his shoulder. "I'll explain later, no worries."

"So do you have powers?" They shrugged, a string of light forming around their hand. "I can do some magic." His eyes lit up. "Welcome to the team, holy shit!!!! You've got to teach me!" "I'll try. Say, what do you do?"

Conversation droned on as they all got to know each other better, and the night bled on.

Despite being on a completely foreign planet, Y/n reckoned they'd be fine with the company they shared.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧

word count 1068

not my best work, but fun to write nonetheless! hope you enjoy!