Virion Sol x Reader

trope: first meeting

tone: hurt/comfort, platonic/queer platonic relationship

promt: set before virion was teleported to prime, the reader moved to his town and like most dnd lore, inst treated good cause theyre a teifling. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧

A fact about the nature of most sentient species. They do not trust what is not familiar. This was true for the township of Fauna, a decently diverse place full of interesting species and people.

But only a handful of teiflings. 

From the moment they had arrived, Y/n L/n was met with scorn.  Despite one of the greats, one of the protectors of the town being of the same decent, the townsfolk nary trusted them, turning up their noses when they walked into shops or the town square. They had only been in town for a handful of weeks at most as the destruction of their original home, and even with this knowledge, children still pulled on their tail and jeered at them. Adults scoffed and sped up when they walked the streets. 

The teifling found solace, however, in a small plot of woods. The trees seemed to reach the clouds, full and luscious and green as anything. The nettles on the ground comforting, with toadstools and shrubbery at every turn. A bubbling stream overlooked by a smooth stone was where they had taken up post this day, legs pulled up to their chest. Y/n had their tail loosely wrapped around their legs, providing comfort as they stared at the cascading slow stream. It had been a bad day for them.

All they had set out to do was pick up some provisions for the week and were met with barred doors. Frustration had set in long ago for them, and they had exploded, shouting at the door. It had swung open with force as a half-orc man stared down at them. He scolded them, loud enough for the town to hear as they tried to run. Great, they had thought, another reason for people to hate me.

A drizzle had started to come down as they ran to their happy space in the dense wood. The threat of undead or monsters didn't scare them away from the beautiful spot. 

A snap alerted them to a presence in the area. As they turned around, standing up, a blond boy appeared, trailed by a dragonborn and air genasi. "I see the demon feels at home here with all the ugly ass monsters, huh?" He jeered stepping closer, his hands in his pockets. They furrowed their brows as they in turn took a step back. "What do you want, Jason?" They spoke quietly, barely heard above the coming rain. "What was that?" "What do yo-" He cut them off. "I thought the demon said something, guess it was just the rain." His companions cackled as they looked away, tail flicking in the air. 

Jason came closer, grabbing the front of their shirt. He dragged them off of the rock they perched on, onto the muddy ground. They let him drag them down, knowing if they fought back well, it would just end badly for them. "You don't belong here, or anywhere. How about you go back to hell where your kind belongs, freak." He raised his fist, pulling it back. It flew forwards, stopping an inch from their face as a new voice spoke out.

"Hey jackass, leave them alone." 

They all turned to look at the person. A tall half-elven teenager shrouded by the rain stepped into view, a dark look on his face.  Jason let go of them, dropping them into the mud. "Virion, how are you bud?" Virion took a few steps closer, jerking his head in a random direction. "Just leave, Jason. You don't have the right to treat anyone like this just because they have some different blood in them. I don't think Grayson would be happy to hear about this." At the mention of the adventurer, the blond paled as he motioned for his friends to leave. "Whatever..." He scoffed as he walked off, friends in tow.

The pair was silent for a beat before Virion spoke. "Shit, you ok?" He asked, offering a hand out to them. Y/n stared at him, trying to find an ulterior motive. When they couldn't, only finding genuine concern, they took his hand. "Yeah, I'm- I'm ok-" They replied as they hoisted themself up, almost slipping in the mud once again. He grasped their elbow, steadying them.  "I'm sorry about those assholes they're well-" "Dickheads with small minds?" They finished, the ghost of a smile on their face. He grinned back, snapping. "Exactly that!"

"I'm Virion, what's your name?" "Y/n, thanks for that I- shit I probably would have ended up in the river by now." He sighed, rubbing the nape of his neck. "I'm really going to have to get my dad or someone to talk to him 'cause like- you don't deserve that." The rain had begun to clear up, sunlight peaking through the branches. 

"People just- don't like teiflings, it sucks major ass, but that's unfortunately how it is-" They shrugged as they took their perch once again, looking over the slow river. Virion sat down next to them, legs crossed as he watched the water flow as well. "How'd you find this place?" He asked. "I ran here one day after I got into a fight." They responded, eyes trained on the steady flow of clear water and the smooth pebbles that corroded over time. "It's pretty here." Virion said, choosing to not pry. Y/n nodded. "It's the only place where I feel welcome." 

"Does me knowing about it change that?" He asked, glancing over at them. He saw the droop in their shoulder, the lazy wave of their tail as they leaned back supported by the palms of their hands. "Naw, I don't think so. I don't have bad memories with you, so I don't see why that would change." They replied, shrugging. The rain had fully stopped by then, a silence filling the area, broken only by distant calls of creatures and people. "Oh, cool."

A comfortable silence filled the lull of conversation. Minutes passed before they spoke again. Virion felt the light weight of their tail on his hand, looking over at them as they stared forwards, a light grin on their face.

"I like you, man. Maybe we could hang out more? I can show you how to find the best berries and shit, and I only show people I like that." He grinned, leaning back himself.

"I'd love too."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧

word count 1093

wrote this in one sitting!! hope you enjoy!