William Wisp x Reader

Trope: Found family, monster, and "human"

Prompt: William summons Y/n, a teifling. They become friends after warming up. Setting this during the ten-month time skip!

requested by @hero_ofthedeep 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧

This wasn't supposed to happen.

In his defense, William had thought the pages could have led him to an answer, or at least to Ashe, the trickster, or whatever.  And he didn't understand the language and runes on the pages, just the drawings. And in his defense again, he didn't think making the spell circle would even have any effect. It did.

The undead boy watched as a pillar of flame shot up, knocking him over. Facing away from him was a figure, sporting almost historical garb and large horns on the top of their head. Silhouetted by the flames, hot and angry, they turned to face him, features indistinguishable in the fire. Eyes wide, all he could do was stare as the flames disappeared, revealing the colorful person. They took a step forward, stumbling. They whipped around, tail knocking items off the table in the makeshift room he slept in. Trinkets and books hit the ground with a thud as he picked himself up. 

William swore under his breath as they looked around, panic set on their features. More items were knocked over then kept upright as they glanced around, fearfully. "uhhhh are you-" The creature, demonic in nature he speculated, whipped around to stare at him. Lizard-like eyes met his, thin with fear. Teeth bared, he saw their mouth was filled with dagger-like teeth. "Where the fuck am I." They spat out, venom leaking from their words. 

"My room-" "and WHERE in the nine hells is that." Stomping closer, the person blew smoke from the sides of their mouth, possibly an aftershock of the flame pillar they had arrived in. "R-rockfall-" "I've never heard of that town. Who are you." They asked pointedly, staring at him. He cowered back, gulping. "William- Wisp" They raised a brow, stepping back. They sighed before responding. "And you're human?" "Last I checked, yeah. Who are you?" The demon (he assumed at least) dropped to the floor, sitting cross-legged. "Y/n l/n. You're a shit warlock bud." William blinked, watching them sit. He sat down on the cot, or bed, whatever he slept on. "Not a warlock-" "Then how'd you do that?"

"Do what?" Y/n shrugged, picking at the floor. "Summon me here? I mean, those pages radiate demonic energy, though I'd expect more from a fiend patron." It was his turn to shrug. "I was looking for my friend, and thought using his book would be helpful." They raised a brow, looking up at him. "How'd you lose him?"  "It's a long story but he got possed fighting a crocodile guy and now we can't find him. He used these pages-" William held up the discarded pages. "To summon stuff." "Like me."

He sighed, scooting away before asking a question. "You're a demon...right? So why aren't you hurting me?" Y/n looked at him, taken aback. Right, they thought, not my home world. 

"I'm not a demon, I'm a TEIFLING. Get it right." They spat out, a brow raised. "There's a difference." "That being?" He questioned, leaning forwards as if to hear their response better. "First off," Y/n stood up. "I'm only partially of infernal decent. I've got smaller horns, no hooves, and a thinner tail. Also, teiflings have more color diversity normally. And less magic." William nodded, making a mental note. Ok, not a demon but a different thing. Good to know. He chewed the inside of his lip, thinking. "Ok, good to know."

A heavy awkward silence filled the room, the only sound being the light breathing of the two folks in there. Y/n had sat back down on the floor, scratching at the concrete flooring. William swung his legs back and forth. "Sorry for uh- summoning you here, Y/n." They shrugged, tailing flicking as they spoke. "It's fine, you seem cool enough." He chuckled, shaking his head. "I'll find a way to send you home but for now-" They interrupted him. "I'll be staying here?" He nodded. "Yeah, I'll set you up a room area, introduce you to Vyncent, and all that jazz."

Y/n stood back up, stretching out their arms. "Then we should go do that, friend." William stood up in response, nodding. 

"Right, friend."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧

word count: 720

a lot shorter then normal, but i liked where it ended! Hope you enjoy!!