Harlem Shade + Reader

Trope: first meeting, platonic, chaos

Prompt: teifling reader (love writing these lol) meets Silhouette

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧

Dimensional travel can cause a stir. The fabric of reality gets shifted to allow the item or person to pass through.

How the Prime Defenders and their newest member did not think of this was almost impressive.  The heroes were all sat at odd angles around the training room, or crater more accurately. Dakota in one corner, playing with the spider monkey amalgamation Bebo, William reading on a beanbag Y/n claimed they had gotten by legal means. Well, the dump is legal, right? 

Vyncent and Y/n were off to the side. Y/n had large headphones over their ears, some punk rock music slipping out as Vyncent talked absentmindedly.

"So this is music here?" They asked, voice raised as they forgot that he could hear them despite the volume. "Yeah, it's called Crank Sha-" "What??" They interrupted him, a look of confusion on their face. "The band its-" "Virion speak up-" He sighed, reaching over to pull the headphones down onto their neck, knowing to avoid pulling them off. Damn horns in the way.  "Oh oops, my bad-" He shook his head. "It's fine, I had a hard time as well. The band is called Crank Shaft by the way." They nodded, making a note of the information. "Not what I'm used to, but honestly better for dancing than what we listen to back home. Good beat!" Vyncent laughed at the statement. "Hey if a bard from back home comes here we can teach them about this!" Their eyes lit up. "Holy shit a musical revolution!"

"Exactly! Dude, no one at home would even come up with this normally so we've got this in the bag." 

"Never heard a more true statement, Vir!"

The conversation flowed on. The topic of home came up, and Y/n reluctantly told him about the state of the town, or what was left of it. He seemed relieved to know his mother was alright at least. Y/n asked him about how the world worked, and he gave them the best answers he could. 

Despite it only being midday, inky blackness crawled up the sides of the room, painting it in deep darkness. It crawled slowly at first, none of the crew taking mind. As fast as it started, the inky blob spread out in an instant, swallowing the teens. And in an instant, the shadow cleared away, leaving only the original Prime Defenders in its wake. Vyncent looked to his side to check up on his friend, seeing a blank space. 

"Uhhhh, guys?" 

William walked over, concerned. "Yeah?" Vyncent pursed his lips. "Y/n's gone-" Dakota scrambled over, a red blur. "WHAT??"

Y/n on the other hand found themself in an empty room. The walls were grey, void of decorations and mementos. Well, it wasn't completely empty. A simple table and chair set up sat arranged in the center. "Gods why does this keep happening-" They muttered as they picked at their sleeves. 

Spreading, growing even, like a plague, the shadow of the table elongated into the form of a person. Rising out of the shadow was a man clad in black garments, his hair a shade of pink. "Hey man, why'd you summon me? I was in the middle of a conversation-" "With Vyncent, yes." He cut them off, taking a seat. "Right, who are you?" They asked, keeping a distance from him. 

He opened his mouth to respond but wasn't given the chance to. "Wait I think Dakota told me about you- Shadow Man, right?" He sighed. They shrugged before taking a seat of their own. "I uh- didn't take notes." "No, no it's fine. I am known as Silhouette. I recruited the boys once upon a time." 

Y/n nodded as he continued. "You have taken up residence with them, is that correct?" "yeah, William accidentally summoned me, and since I know Virion- Vyncent, from home we just decided that I'll stay with them." They shrugged. Harlem sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "And you are a demon, correct?" "Teifling- it's half demon but not a full one, you know?"

A moment passed, the air heavy with silence. Y/n had become overly aware of their breathing in the small room. Harlem, or as they only knew him, Silhouette, tapped the table. "And you are ok with this arrangement?" They tilted their head at his question. "Like me living with them until I can find a way home?" He nodded. "I mean, yeah it's a good situation. I get to spend time with cool people who like me and I get to fight with them which is an added bonus!" 

Harlem nodded. He stood up suddenly, motioning them to stand with him. "I'll see to it that you get registered with W.A.T.C.H." They paused before shooting up, a large grin on their face. "Wait really?" An amused smile took his features as a shadow grew, consuming the ground underneath them. The floor swallowed them up, not before he was able to speak again. "Send them my regards."

Y/n blacked out.

When they came too, they were standing in the same spot they had disappeared from. Vyncent, William, and Dakota were scrambling around, trying to make sense of what happened. They cleared their throat. "Guys?"

When the boys didn't notice them, they sighed. Y/n's foot tapped the floor as they waited for a minute, then two, then five as no one noticed they had come back. Finally, after what felt like fifteen minutes Dakota finally saw them. "Y/N!! HOLY SHIT YOU'RE BACK-" He exclaimed, catching the other's attention.

Vyncent ran over and pulled them into a tight hug, before checking them over for any injuries. When he was satisfied with their condition he petted their shoulders. "Are you ok? Nothing broken, nothing bruised?" 

They shook their head as the other boys walked over. "I'm fine, don't worry!" William piped up. "Where did you even go?"

Y/n shrugged. "I met Silhouette." They said nonchalantly. All of the lads looked shocked, exclaiming in unison.

"WHAT?"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧

word count 1005

not my best work but fun to write! hope you enjoy!