XIII. part 2

"Let me into your heart
Oh, this ain't no bullshit
I really love you, girl
Oh, God.."

Weeks had passed since their last encounter. Rowland was left stuck and his mind was running miles and miles. Ivy had left him with no answer to his relationship proposal but the worse part was she didn't answer his calls, texts or even tried to reach out to him. Rowland felt like he had been defeated and done something wrong. Did he scare Ivy away for good?

--X--
Omniscient

Ivy and Rowland were not in contact for 2 weeks but there was no one to blame but Ivy. She knew she was wrong for running out on Rowland when he confessed his true feelings for her. His love. Truly Ivy did have strong feelings for Rowland but she was scared. She couldn't get Hendrix off of her mind and the fact that they ended because of him cheating. Ivy realized she didn't get to heal the proper way that she wanted to. Instead she courted another man for 2 months, making him fall in love.

She felt so much guilt because she knew how hard Rowland fell for her and still she chose to run away from him with no answer. The last thing she wanted was for Rowland to be heartbroken or to hate her even, but Ivy was in her selfish mode and felt she needed to put herself first. Even if that meant hurting someone she deeply cared for and actually saw a future with. She just wasn't ready to move on.

Here she found herself in front of Hendrix's door. Was she there for closure? Was she there to get him back? Was she there to start more drama?

Ofcourse Hendrix had been contacting her since the break up. But truly they never established a break up. Neither party said it to one another face to face. Ivy had just stormed off when she caught him in the act. But here she was moving on with another guy and not properly ending something that was technically still going. She needed to be a woman and face Hendrix before she made a mistake.

Ivy

Bringing my hand up to the familiar door before me, I knocked twice prior to stepping back and awaiting an answer

Bringing my hand up to the familiar door before me, I knocked twice prior to stepping back and awaiting an answer. I had the whole day to myself. No radio schedule, no important errands and Laura-Jean was on PTO so I had so much time on my hands and figured to do something I may either regret or be relieved from. Either way, there was surely no turning back.

Listening to the locks turn on the door, I took a deep breath as I closed my eyes momentarily, calming my nerves. The door swung open shortly after gaining my full attention. Here goes nothing.

"Ivy?" Hendrix asked rhetorically with confusion plastered on his face. Twiddling my thumbs, I nodded my head. Why was I so nervous? Maybe because I had felt guilt. I truly should not be here.

Ivy what the fuck are you doing here? I argued with myself mentally.

"Uh, I'm sorrry. Let me just-" I cut myself midway as I quickly turned on my heels. Headed for the elevator with tears streaming down my face, I hauled ass. Pushing the button several times hoping it would be there and open quickly. Hendrix was calling my name anxiously, followed by stepping out of his apartment and following behind me to where I stood at the elevator.