VI.

Ivy

Going out for Ivy may have not been a bad idea after all

Going out for Ivy may have not been a bad idea after all. Even though she didn't truly want to be out because of the unfortunate position she was put into, the words of the poets spoke to her and helped her come to the conclusion that she didn't need Hendrix to be happy. She didn't need validation from him for what he had done and she didn't need any pity from anyone either.

Her spirits were beginning to lift as she opened up to Laura-Jean and Rowland. She was starting to see what fine and intelligent of a woman LJ was and was ecstatic about her employment with her. Ivy felt that it was okay to trust LJ and she hoped that her judgment wouldn't turn out wrong in the long run. As for Rowland she caught all of his stares and found it quite amusing. Being that the two had already spoken prior to meeting each other, it was interesting to speak in person and build a connection in which Rowland thought was going smoothly.

All Ivy had to do was maintain her attitude.

—— X ——

I sipped on my sparkling wine as the three before me laughed amongst each other on a topic they all had in common. While I sat and watched becoming hip to what was being discussed, my nerves were eased and I felt no reason to continue to act foul towards the others. An hour ago, I must admit I was quite the bitch. Even I wouldn't want to surround myself around a person like me if I were to encounter that kind of attitude. Being around the people I was now was definitely better than being at home drinking and eating my life away to ease the pain I felt. Many would say,

'Oh, it isn't that serious.'

'Break-ups happen all the time!'

'This too shall pass.'

But it's easier said than done. I loved Hendrix as if he were the first relationship I had experienced. I put my love and time into him and even though my occupation had most of my attention, I didn't go a day or second without thinking of how I could make him happy. I guess I wasn't enough and even that weighs heavy on my mind because what was I to him? So many questions that needed answers!

"Ivy, you heard me?" My sister Rubi called out to me gaining my attention from the thoughts I was previously drowning in.

"Huh? Sorry. I kinda dazed out. What was said?" I asked looking at the three of them who stared at me. My eyes locked and stayed on Rowlands as his stare was something I wanted to read. It held mystery and a message but my eyes couldn't bare with the two witnesses at hand.

"I said we should order another round of drinks and head out. It's getting late." she repeated what I hadn't heard before. I simply nodded my head but dreaded the future of what it held. I literally just didn't want to go home. I wanted to avoid the long hours of being in bed and having my thoughts cloud my mind. That is how people act without thinking of consequences. Maybe I could stay at Rubi's.