III.

Rowland

Rowland's Home // Williamsburg, BK

Rowland's Home //
Williamsburg, BK

Through the marmalade tinted sheer curtains of Rowland's bedroom, rays of sunshine aimed towards his face causing his eyes to flutter open as he awoke from his slumber. Sitting up in his bed, he glanced towards the alarm clock set up to the side of the bed he habitually slept on. The time reading 10:13 AM. Groaning at how early he woke, he thought that he would at least sleep an extended amount of time but his body couldn't bare to rest any longer. Rowland was quite use to waking up in the mornings and became fond of it even seeing that he got a lot more done in the mornings just before he would have a nap towards the afternoon.

Removing the blanket from his body, he threw his legs over his bed prior to gradually shuffling his feet towards his bathroom. Flicking on the lights, he stood in front of the mirror taking a good look at himself. His hair was rough looking from being outgrown and slept upon, eye boogers dried from his slumber and hoop nose ring tilted just to the side. He was in need of a haircut and facial wash to bring back the life in him and make him look the age he was rather than tired and old. Bringing his hand over his head a few times using it to flatten his hair, he then turned away from the mirror starting up the shower water to start off his day.

——X——

"Good Morning Mr. Willis." I waved towards my neighbor who was also my landlord. He side eyed me as he stood in the corridor with his hands on his hips. He was such a miserable old dude but told the best stories of his experiences back in the day when he was young. If he wasn't cussing you out, he was mostly running his mouth. Locking up my door, I stuffed my keys into my pocket just before making way my down the corridor to head down the stairs. Mr. Willis stops me.

" I hope you have my money on time this week Brown. Why don't you just get a normal job like everyone else?" He scolded looking down at me over the railing as I stood going midway down the stairs. I rolled my eyes at him shaking my head. Another thing about this old man was that he never minded his own business. He knew when I had women over, he knew when I was coming and going and he even knew when my mother was visiting because he had a big crush on her. He was definitely a pain in my ass.

"I told you I would have it by the end of this weekend and don't worry about my occupation. I'm a grown ass man and I take care of mine." I told him sternly just so he'd get it through that thick ass dome of his.