I

Ivy

"Can I have a Cappuccino dry? Extra foam please

"Can I have a Cappuccino dry? Extra foam please." I asked the new employee of Urban Coffee with a sweet smile. He immediately returned the smile followed by punching in my order and getting right on making it. In the meantime, I turned towards the TV that played a slideshow of musical artists as neo-soul music played in the background. I loved this coffee shop. It lived up to it's name most definitely and I was a regular. On weekends, they would have a little poetry slam for the artsy folk and it brought all kinds of culture together. It was just what we needed in this era.

"Cappuccino dry for the lovely lady." The young man flirted grabbing my attention. I could tell he was about 18 with his baby face and fresh dark skin. He had an amazing set of pearly whites that I could tell he loved to flash and show off. I chuckled at his cute attempt, reaching in my bag to grab my wallet. Handing him a $20 for the $3.81 order, I told him to keep the change. "Really? Damn. Thanks a lot beautiful." He grinned as he stuffed the left over change into the Tip Jar that was cleverly decorated. I grabbed my cappuccino prior to walking away with a smile happy about the generous choice I made. As I looked around for a seat, I could hear the bell to the Coffee Shops door ring, briefly causing me to look up.

Spotting my boyfriend Hendrix, who was just on time meeting me here, I smiled at him waving him over. He immediately caught sight of my movement, beelining his way towards the back where I situated. "Hey baby." He greeted placing his arm around the small of my back to bring me close into him as he leaned downward to kiss my lips. I kissed him back, smirking against his soft and plump duo before wiping the little bit of gloss that stained them. Sitting in the cushioned seat, he sat across from me. "How's your day going?" He asked starting conversation. My eyes landed on him as I took in his full appearance. He wore a red plaid button up that read 'October' across it and his beard was groomed nicely. It gave me a hint that he'd just came from the barber shop especially with how clean cut his hairline was. God, he was fine and he was mine.

"My day is going good so far. Non busy morning that just consists of relaxing until I go into the station later." I told him finally taking a sip of my cappuccino once I felt it was cool enough. He nodded his head indicating that he was listening as he adjusted himself in his seat. "Just left the barbershop?" I asked the obvious causing him to smile, rubbing over his head and stroke his beard. "Yea! I got tired of you telling me to go." He joked. I chuckled wiping the corners of my lips before speaking. "Finally! You look good though baby." I complimented. He smiled that bright smile that I adored so much. I found myself staring at his pearlies as his mouth fell to a slight smirk. He leaned over catching me by surprise, pecking my lips numerous times. I giggled as he did so pecking his lips back.

"Stop before I spill my coffee!" I laughed as he goofily grinned making up playful faces at me. Shaking my head, I brought the cappuccino up to my lips again allowing the sweet taste to coat my taste buds. Nodding my head in satisfaction at the well made coffee, I turned my head towards the Barista boy giving him a thumbs up. He winked at me causing me to chuckle before I turned my attention back to Hendrix. "So I was thinking, when can I take you out again? You've been so busy that I can't really keep up with your schedule."