XII.

Ivy

In the words from a true great, "A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work

In the words from a true great, "A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work."

So with that being said, Ivy and Rowland got right back on track with their lives. With Rowland putting the down payment on the space and getting approved, many blessings were coming his way and soon he would be ready for the opening of his gallery. Ivy was there to support him every step of the way and even had in mind to throw a shout out to his gallery for him to gain people on the grand opening night. This was all a surprise and something that Rowland had no idea of but Ivy was sure it would make him happy.

Outside of hard work, the two continued to see each other. Days had turned into weeks and you can say their dating has grown rapidly as they were now fond of each other in every way you could imagine. But yet, they still were not an item.

What was the hold up?

—— X ——

"Here's your schedule for next week Ivy. You're pretty booked and busy I see." LJ said as she placed the printed schedule on my desk. I looked it over realizing that she was right. The more people got acquainted with my show, I was becoming more popular than I expected. After interviewing with Teyana Taylor, I now had more artists that wanted to come up here and engage in topics with me other than just their albums or projects they were working on. It had me quite feeling nervous but more so ecstatic.

"Thank You LJ." I simply responded as I finally looked up at her. Taking up the sheet of paper, I thumb tacked it to the to-do wall I had displayed in my office.

"Also, tonight is Rowland's grand opening. Are you coming?" She asked. I turned towards her with a smile that brought one upon hers. "Of-course. I just don't really know what to wear." I responded un-easy, slightly frowning. The theme was very classy for the opening and after taking it upon myself to give a shout-out, the RSVP listing was well overbooked. Rowland was anxious and so happy about what i'd done that I felt it expanded our relationship on a deeper level. Still, I didn't know what we were but I always felt the need to impress him with my looks.

"I mean, a nice gown should work. Maybe something simple like silk and heels? You do wear a lot of white though.." she trailed off. I bit my bottom lip. Was it that obvious? I think white was truly my color and complimented my complexion. So I have been told. It's just, stuck with me I guess.

"Hmm, you're right. Black? Can't go wrong with black."

"You can't but maybe something artsy? Row loves a nice green." She informed me. My eyebrows rose as I pondered on the idea. I had never wore a green before. I loved to play it safe with my attire for every occasion. But if I wanted to stick out for Rowland tonight and compliment his theme well, then I would take LJ's advice. She was the only woman I knew that was close to Rowland so i'm sure she knew him better than me.