Chapter 1

Just another glamorous New York Saturday night of hauling trash to the dumpster. Riley Brooks, a 26-year-old new yorker, working in a bar-restaurant. She walks outside to the restaurant alley to throw away the lunch rush trash. Her coworker Daniel hurls the bags into the bins as she hands him the other ones.

"It could be worse. There could be--" and before he could finish his sentence a giant sewer rat ran across his foot as another sat in front of his face on the trash bins. "RATS! Riley, help screams Daniel."

"Don't tell me you're afraid of this adorable little mouse family. They're trying to get by, just like us said Riley."

"Hey! Riley, Daniel, quit slacking off over there!" Their manager yells, as they quickly hurry to get the rest of the bags in. He always has a mean look on his face or one that says he's always disappointed in you for something.

"You told us to take out the garbage," she says, annoyed with his attitude and ready to tell him off.

"And now I'm telling you to wait on the bachelor party that just rolled in. Chop chop!"

As he turns to walk back inside Riley flips him off and yells fuck you in her head. She would say it out loud, but she needs her job to support herself. Maybe this bachelor party won't be too obnoxious. Hell, maybe there is a cute guy she could flirt with, that would make her manager go crazy. She walks back into the restaurant to find the bachelor party full of sophisticated well-dressed men.

"Waitress, there you are. We need your best table!" One yells as she guides them to the only booth without a rip or mark (mostly lipstick) on it.

"Forget the table. Just bring us whiskey and lots of it." Another man yells.

"Riley, can you please take this one. I have a date tonight, you know I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important." Daniel says, already untying his bow tie and apron.

"You really want me to take the bachelor party? I'm on it. The tip will be insane! I'll have those guys eating out of my hand in no time."

"You're the best!" and with that Daniel patted her on the back and left the restaurant.

"Are you still talking? I've seated them already. Now get over there before I dock your pay!" The manager yells as Riley grabs her pen and paper and sulks over to the table. Three guys are seated waiting for me to take their order.

"Hello gentlemen, I'll be taking care of you this evening."

"Waitress, steaks for the table." A man with brown hair and a fun-loving smile slams his hand on the table as if stating that was all they needed. Another put his hand up, his dark eyes and sophisticated stature a bit intimidating, "How about some filet mignon, medium-rare and prepared with a bearnaise sauce?"

"The closest thing we have to filet mignon is the deluxe burger," Riley says biting the end of her pencil while he looks up at her with disgust.

"Dare I ask for your wine list?"

"We've got an excellent vintage house red."

"House red?" He states, almost enraged.

"It also comes in white".

"We'll be fine with a bottle of whiskey... and four deluxe burgers." The other man chimed in, black messy hair and half-smile half-laugh on his face.

"Four"? Riley says confused because she doesn't see four people, there are only three.

He nods behind her, and she turns to see the last man at the party. He had a dazzling way about him. His blonde hair and blue eyes would make any woman swoon. Not to mention his body build. She could see his muscles practically through his shirt. He was in a casual shirt and blazer with a beautiful smile across his face.