Chapter 10

After the Regatta, Hana, Maxwell, and Riley walk along the docks...

"Ready for the beach extravaganza?" Maxwell pumps his fist in excitement.

"I... think so? Why? Is there something I should have prepped? Will there be press?"

"Nope! It's just a fun party on one of the most gorgeous private beaches in the area!"

"That sounds amazing! And the water's so unbelievably beautiful." Hana gazes out to the water. "I can't wait to get out of this dress and into a bikini!"

"I knew I was forgetting something. Riley, you didn't happen to bring a swimsuit, did you? Never mind, we can buy you one on the way."

"Okay! Hana, why don't you go on ahead? We'll see you at the beach!"

"See you!"

Riley quickly ducks into a boutique to try on a swimsuit...

"Looks like they have only one..."

"Let's see it..."

He holds up a white bikini with a blue bohemian cover-up. Riley tries it on and it fits like a glove.

"That... looks good on you."

"Thanks."

"Now, we better get you to this fancy beach party before we miss all the fun!"

"Let's go!"

A little while later, Riley arrives at the beach with Maxwell!

"Alright, where's Liam at?"

"Looks like he's tied up with the Queen and Madeleine right now."

"Should I try to make a move?"

"Better bide your time. You'll likely get only one shot at spending time with him today. Better do it when Queen Regina's not around. In the meantime, we might as well eat!"

Maxwell and Riley make their way to the beach buffet. Riley lingers by the table when Hana approaches.

"Have you tried the appetizers?"

"What are they?"

"Some kind of avant-garde, gourmet seafood thing..."

"They seem a little... fishy. Literally."

"It's a bit tight end, but we should give it a try."

"I'm a fan of adventurous tastes."

Maxwell, Hana, and Riley try the appetizers.

"Well, it tastes like caviar.... and a very expensive caviar at that!" Hana holds up her pinky and laughs.

"Kind of like a fresh, salty sea Jell-O." Riley squishes it between her fingers and examines it.

Over by the picnic area, Drake stands by a table loaded with food. He waved them over.

"I hope you came with a hungry stomach because the real food has arrived."

"There's so much of it." Maxwell's eyes light up.

"Is this a barbecue?" Hana asks, eyes wide with excitement.

"Oh, yes. Classic Americana. You've got your pulled pork, chicken kebabs, brisket, ribs, vegetables, and sauces unique to regions around the world. And you can't forget the classic sloppy joe."

"A... what?" Hana tilts her hand and scrunches her nose as if in disgust.

"Seasoned ground beef with onions, tomato sauce, and whatever else you feel like throwing in there."