Chapter Four: The Stilinski Dinner pt. 2

Vote and comment babes 🤍💕🤍
My doggo just had surgery 2 days ago, she's going to need me these next 2 weeks the most. I'll try to update as much as I can 🫶🏼🥰🫶🏼

Everyone was eating in silence. Stiles made baked chicken, fried potatoes, green beans, dinner rolls, and mac and cheese. (Extra cheesy obviously, Isaac.)

"So, how's that school project coming along?" John asks the two teenagers.

"Great."

"Yeah it's coming along fine."

"Mhm." The sheriff says with amusement, sipping his beer. "I know there's no project."

Derek tenses, hand tightening around his fork. Stiles places a warn firm hand on the wolf's thigh. Stiles doesn't need him to run right now.

"I don't know what you mean, dad."

Said man leans back in his chair as he crosses his arms over his chest and raises his brows. "Please give me more credit than that, son. I am the sheriff after all. I know when I'm being lied to. I especially know when you, my son, is lying."

Stiles sends Isaac a look that says 'I'm-going-to-kill-you-if-he-doesn't-first.'

"Just like how I know you have one hand on Hale's leg right now."

Derek jerks his leg in an upward motion as Stiles snatches his hand back.

"I didn't want him to run." Stiles defends his actions.

"What makes you think - "

He cuts his father off "It's what he does. It's his thing."

Derek again tenses at that. Yes, he's ran away multiple times. But he didn't think Stiles really cared or paid attention.

John seeing Isaac's and Stiles' face says it all. Derek runs when things get hard. And well, John can't really blame him with all the shit he's been through. "Is there something you want to tell me, kid?"

No one said anything. The only sounds were the men breathing. And Stiles tapping a finger against the edge of the table continuously.

"I thought we we're past lying to one another Stiles - "

"Derek and I are dating." Stiles blurts. Well shit that's not how he wanted to break the ice.

John drops his fork hard on the plate. Anger and confusion clearly written all over his face.

Derek looks like he's five seconds away from bolting and never looking back. John is starring daggers between his son and Hale. Isaac, well Isaac looks scared, but amusement is slowly but surly taking over.

Stiles just knows the beta is going to tell Jackson and Erica everything. They're going to tease him for days on end. Unless he has Derek order them in his alpha voice to shut up...

"You want to try that again?"

"Uh, uhm, Derek and I are together, dating, in love - "

"Oh my god shut up Stiles!" Derek hisses as he kicks the boy's leg from under the table

"What?" The human asks innocently. Having the audacity to smirk at his uncomfortableness.

"What Stiles means is, sir, that we are pretending to date." The alpha assures the sheriff that there is zero ulterior motives.

"Fake dating?" He questions. "Why in the hell are - "

"Because." Stiles cuts his father off, again. "There's a pack coming in a week or less, they - the alpha of this pack - wants to marry and mate his daughter to Derek. So, to get him out of it we are pretending to date."

"Is this true Hale, Lahey?"

"Yes sir." They say and nod in unison.

"Dad, please don't be mad - "

"It has to be you? No one else can pretend?" The sheriff questions his son.

"I'm the only single one that is remotely believable." He grumbles as he crosses his arms and sinks into his chair.

John sighs deeply "okay, why don't you guys get me all caught up. No more lies."

And they did. Derek fills the Sheriff in about the Brown pack; about how being matted is for life; there's no going back once it's done. The alpha of the Brown pack wants to strengthen his own status and having the alpha Hale apart of his pack is the best way to do so.

Isaac apologized to John, telling him how it was all his idea to lie. He just didn't want to see his alpha, but most importantly his friend forced into this marriage without a choice. Not after everything he had to endure in his past.

The puppy dog eyes definitely helped.

Stiles explained how he was the only option to play Derek's boyfriend. Because Chris is old and a hunter, that wouldn't look true to this new pack. Isaac is practically his son. Jackson's boyfriend is out of town but it would be obvious that he and Derek weren't together. Peter is his uncle so that's just gross and a huge ass no.

He explained how he had to stay with Derek so his scent is on everything in the loft, including Derek and vice versa. He crosses his heart and hopes to die that there is absolutely no hankey panky going on.

Both men groaned.

Isaac and Stiles high fived.

"If I let this pretending to continue I need you to promise me that you'll be careful. By the sound of it you could be killed for lying to this other alpha."

"I promise, dad." He says seriously. "We already got everything planned out. Also, if I add some truth to what I'm saying they won't be able to tell that I'm lying."

"His heart beat is always beating so fast I doubt they'll pick up on it. It took us months to tell when he lies, and half the time we still can't tell." Isaac reinsures the Sheriff.

"Okay, but I want check ins 3 times a day so I know you're safe."

"You got it pops."

"Derek, is it true you adopted Isaac legally?"

"It is, sheriff."

"That means you'll also be legally responsible for Stiles as well, as long as he is in your care. If anything happens to him just remember I have wolfbane bullets."

Derek nods and swallows thickly "I won't let anything happen to him."

"That being said, I expect him to be at school on time and he better not fail any of his classes helping out of this suicide mission." The man pauses then adds "I also want to meet these people when they arrive to my town."

"What? No - "

"I'm apart of the pack right?" John asks as he cuts his son off.

"You are sir."

"Then it's settled, I will be there."

"Wait, if you knew we were lying why let me go?" Stiles asked curiously.

"Because when you set your mind to something there's no arguing to change that, so, I figured I'd let you go. That way I knew you were safe." He explains. "It also means I get one month of greasy foods." And with that the Sheriff demanded desert.

Stiles is really regretting his choices.

Vote and comment my loves ❤️🌚❤️