Chapter Eight: Dinner pt. 2

Vote and comment babes 🫶🏼

"Enough about us." Lydia gets the spot light off of her pack. "Tell us about you. Where are you guys from?"

"About five hours from here. Up the coast."

"So, you like to travel? I personally would love to." Erica casually adds.

"Absolutely not." Says Cora. "I've done it all of my life. It's not that great."

Peter nods "I must agree with Cor. I've had enough excitement for a life time."

"C'mon guys, live a little! Don't you wanna see the world? Travel and see beautiful sceneries!"

"Okay, who put happy drugs in her cereal this morning?" Stiles jokes.

"That's not very nice." Cooper thinks out loud.

Stiles glares at the imposter.

"I didn't mean to offend - "

"No offense here." Stiles cuts the boy off.

"Really? Judging by that glare of yours, if looks could kill I'd be six feet under."

"If I killed you, I wouldn't bother to bury you."

"Okay enough of that." Derek warns them both.

"Yes, Cooper, please behave." His father scolds. "So, tell us, how long have you two been together?" He looks between the wolf and human.

"Well, we got together in July over the summer. "We hardly spent a day apart." Which technically wasn't a lie. Stiles spent a lot of time with Derek decoding the bestiary. What else was there to do? It's Beacon Hills. "So six months."

"If he wants you to be his mate then why hasn't he claimed you yet?" Mateo asks curiously.

Bernard kicks his brother's leg from under the table.

Mateo kicks back "if that's not too personal of course."

"Not at all." Derek is the one to answer. "I have yet to claim Stiles because he is still seventeen. He'll be eighteen in a few months, so, it will be sometime after that. If he wants to back out he has time. I'm a patient man."

Stiles snorts. Derek Hale is anything but patient. "Plus as you know my father is the sheriff. So it is best to wait." He then winks at his fake boyfriend "you're stuck with me forever snuggle bear."

Cora cackles gleefully at the nickname. Derek growls and snaps his human teeth.

"Tell us, how and when did you meet? I need details." Avery puts in her two cents.

So not subtle. Like at all.

"We met in the woods almost three years ago." Stiles answers easily.

"In the woods." She repeats in disbelief.

"Yep. Scott and I went into the woods in the middle of the night. It was the night before our sophomore year - "

"No more like you dragged me out to the woods." Scott corrects.

Stiles waves that away. "Details. Anyway, we were looking for a dead body. Scott lost his inhaler that night. It was also the night Peter bit him."

"Not to interrupt." Liam says innocently. "But is it okay if uh, is it okay if Theo, Isaac, Lydia, and I go play monopoly?"

"Of course, Li. The rest of us will join later." Stiles says gently. "Sorry, back to the story. The next day Scott and I went back to the woods to find his inhaler, but Derek found us, he had the inhaler. That's where we met."

"Is that when you knew this kid was your mate?" Avery interrogated further.

Derek shook his head "no. After the fire I told myself that I didn't want a mate; I didn't want to feel that type of pain again, of losing someone I cared and loved deeply. But as time went on Stiles wormed himself into my life. Always helping and always saving me, even when I was a complete dick to him, he still came through."

"You saved me just as much big guy."

"That doesn't really explain why him." Avery gripped.

"Stiles compliments Derek's weaknesses." Peter speaks up. "Where Derek is lacking words sometimes Stiles is there to help speak for him. He has gotten better over the years. Derek's anchor is no longer anger, it's Stiles. Has been for quite a long while. There are many more examples but I won't bore you with that."

"How does the kids father feel about his underage son being with an older werewolf?"

Stiles shrugs "As long as we keep it above the waist until I'm eighteen he's cool with it. Well, not cool with it. But he understands the situation. It also helps that my dad actually likes him." He takes a beat then adds "and Derek is only twenty. He's not that much older."

"Do you have any children Derek?" Alpha Brown asks.

"Yes, are you keeping the Hale name going?" Avery then asks.

Stiles is resisting the urge to say something sarcastic. He's kind of proud of himself for keeping his mouth shut for once.

"Biologically, legally, or emotionally?" Derek jokes.

Biologically none. Does he want bio kids? He's never really thought about it. Legally he adopted Isaac six months after his father passed away. Emotionally? He's got a pack full of kids. Annoying, ungrateful kids.

"Peter and Cora are also Hales. They can keep the name going just as Derek if they so choose to." Boyd adds annoyed.

And wow. Yep. Boyd never talks. He's definitely fed up with the questions just as everyone else.

"You lying, cheating, piece of shit!"

"Oh, me? You're the one who thinks you can get away with everything you do. Welcome to the real world, Liam!" Theo's voice is raised by the end of his little rant.

"Der bear, can you do me a teeny tiny favor, please?" The human asks innocently batting his eyelashes.

"I'm not going to kill anyone, especially not Theo if that's what you're asking."

Stiles rolls his eyes in annoyance. "Fine, whatever." He huffs. "We should really get over there though before they break something."

"Is monopoly always like this with you guys?" Mateo wonders.

"Yeah, pretty much." Lydia answers the young wolf. "You get used to it after a while though."

*Twenty minutes later*

"Der, pay for this for me, pretty please?"

"Sure."

"He can't pay for you, Stiles!" Cora growls frustrated.

"Why not? I'm his boyfriend. I have to keep him happy." Derek defends.

"Oh, but you wouldn't kill Theo to make me happy." He mumbles to himself.

"We're playing monopoly!" His sister again yells.

"So? Just let my man pay for my train station and move on."

"I'll flip this table right now, Stilisnki." Jackson threatens.

Stiles looked Jax dead in his eyes and held out his hand for Derek to place the fake money in his hand.

And just as the money touched said hand, Jackson flipped the coffee table.

"This is why we don't play this game boys." Lydia states like they didn't already know this information.

Peter chuckles amused. "Well, looks like the game is over. Finally."

"He's just sexually frustrated." Stiles sasses.

"I'll claw your eyes out." The Kanima hisses.

"Okay, enough. I think it's time for everyone to head out." Derek does not need a blood bath over freaking monopoly. He also doesn't want the Brown's here any longer than necessary.

And he's tired and just wants to go to sleep. Is that really too much to ask for?

Vote and comment loves 🤍❤️🤍