Chapter twenty Four: They'll Find Me.

Vote and comment lovelies 🦋💙

Derek has been searching for Bernard and even Avery a whole twenty minutes when she decided to reveal herself. She has some nerve, Derek gives her that.

"I've heard you've been looking for little ole me. I'm flattered, truly."

"Brave of you to come out of hiding so soon."

"Hiding?" She laughs. "Why would I be hiding?"

"Maybe because you killed Liam and Lydia."

The wolf gasps in shock "when did this happen?"

"Cut the crap, Avery. We know you planned this."

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Derek."

"Really? So you just expect me to believe that Bernard - Bernard - came up this whole thing? I'm surprised he can count."

"Again, I really do not know what you're going on about. I've been looking for my baby brother for a good while now."

"I'm going to rip out your throat... with my teeth." He starts to shift into his beta form, letting his claws out, and teeth fall.

The woman tsks "only if you could. You have no proof - no proof that I am the one responsible for those two deaths. Therefore you cannot lay a single claw on me - or teeth. Whatever. Point is I'm untouchable. You don't want to start a war, do you, Derek?"

"I'll get proof. You'll slip up. The cocky ones always slip up." Derek slurs around his fangs.

Avery took a step forward. "Lets talk about us."

"There is no us - there will never be an us."

The beta smiles "I love the ones who play hard to get. So, what do you say? Give me one week of your time and I promise I'll convince you that my side is the right one." Her voice is low, smooth, and rich as honey. Goading Derek into saying yes. As if it was the most obvious answer in the world.

But the thing Avery doesn't know is he's been in this exact same spot with Kate. "You want to know what I think, Avery? I think you're all bark and no bite." The alpha raises his eyebrows. Totally unaffected by her charms. Well, a lack there of really.

Avery grinned wickedly "oh, I definitely bite."

Derek rolls his eyes. "So does my mate, you remember Stiles, right? Wouldn't want him to try to destroy you himself."

"Yes, we wouldn't want that, would we? Where is that little pest anyway? I haven't seen him anywhere."

"He's grieving his friends that you killed." The wolf all but growls.

"Again, that wasn't me. Maybe I will send him a 'my deepest condolences' basket or flowers." And with that the she wolf left with a pep in her step, a devilish smirk, and a glint of mischief in those green eyes.

~~

When Stiles got to his house he was exhausted. Not just physically but emotionally as well. He needs to shower and change. That will help just the slightest since he still has Liam's blood on him.

Stiles thought that tonight couldn't get any worse. But again, he was proven wrong. As soon as he entered his room the door slammed shut behind him.

"What the hell!" He spins in horror. That feeling quickly changes to pure anger. "Avery, come to finish the job that your idiot of a brother couldn't handle?"

"I could just kill you - get it all over with."

"Okay, cool. Listen, I have had a shitty day, no thanks to you. So, if you don't mind I would like to shower and go to sleep. Since you let yourself in then I'm sure you can find the exit."

Avery snickers. "Oh, honey, no. You see I'm not going to kill you. I'm just going to get you out of the equation another way."

"Really? And how do you plan on doing that? Talking me to death?"

That smirk never left her lips as she continues. "Get out two sheets of paper. On one explain how you are ending your pathetic little relationship with Derek. And on the other say goodbye to your father. Make sure you make it clear to not look for you."

"Wait, wait, wait. You plan on kidnapping me?" He laughs. "You have got to be joking."

The wolf looks murderous. Maybe Stiles shouldn't be laughing in the face of the bitch who had no trouble almost killing Lydia.

"Okay, so, not joking. Got it. But you know good and well as I do, they will never believe this, right? My pack - my family - They know I wouldn't just pack up and leave, not like this. Not ever. I would never leave them behind."

"Say the guilt of your little beta friend was just too much. I don't care. Make sure you tell Derek to move on."

"They'll know this isn't me. We're there for each other as a pack."

"Be that as it may. But if those letters are not believable I'll kill you right here, right now. Let dear old daddy find your body, hmm? Just as your friends found little red. Don't make me add you to the piling up bodies."

'So she doesn't know that Lyds is alive.' Stiles thinks to himself as he plops down in his computer chair extremely fed up with this bitch. Regardless he pulls out two sheets of paper and starts writing. He'll do just about anything to save the rest of his little found family.

~~

"Where do you plan on taking me, hm?" Stiles demands pissed as Avery re-enters her car from Derek's loft. "Do you honestly think they wont look for me just because I said not to? They never listen. Derek, Scott, all of them, they know my scent. They'll find me - they will never stop looking."

"It's cute how you think you'll even be in this state. Your pathetic excuses of a pack can look all they want to. They'll never find you. Not for weeks, months, hell maybe even years."

"And it's cute how you think I won't escape." He went quiet as he looked out the window of the wolf's SUV. He got even more pissed when they flew passed the 'Welcome To Beacon Hills' sign.

"How long," She starts, not taking her eyes off the road to look in Stiles' general direction. "Do you think it would take you to break if I simply left you in a cold, dark cell to rot?"

TO BE CONTINUED...

Vote and comment babes 💗 🦋