Chapter Twenty One: Something's Not Right.

Vote and comment loves 🫶🏼❤️

The next few days are quiet, too quiet if you're asking Stiles. He's waiting for the other shoe to drop any day now.

He hasn't seen Derek since the night they visited his family in the cemetery. Stiles was relieved when he got a text from Derek. He was giving the man space. He knows not to push or force Derek about opening up and talking about his family. Stiles absolutely hated when people tried to make him talk about his mother.

 Stiles absolutely hated when people tried to make him talk about his mother

~

"Hey babe, I'm here what's - " Stiles is speechless. He's truly at a loss for any words. For the first time in his whole entire life he has no idea what to say.

No one breaks the awkward silence. Derek looks ashamed and disgusted.

Avery, well, Avery looks pleased as punch.

"Really, Derek. Her?"

"It's not what it looks like, Sti - "

"Really? Because from where I stand it looks like you were making out with another women."

"Oh, Sweetie. Don't be jealous. I told you - your time is up."

"It's always the psychopaths." Stiles mutters heatedly under his breath.

"Hmm? I didn't quite catch that. Mind repeating?"

"I said it's always the psychotic bitches."

"Listen you little - "

"Enough!" Derek roars; absolutely fed up with this. "I didn't kiss her, she kissed me. What are you even doing here. Stiles? It's almost midnight and a school night."

"You texted me so - " The boy narrowed his eyes at Avery as he put the pieces together. "It was you. You texted me so I would walk in to see this pathetic little show."

"So you - you believe me? You trust me?" Derek is truly surprised. If the roles were reversed Derek would have ran and never looked back.

"Jesus Christ, yes. Yes I trust you. You make dumbass decisions entirely too often and sometimes you think with your claws too much and your brain not enough. But you've put yourself between me and danger more than once... and I'm not saying that I'd take your word for it if you told me the sky suddenly changed to purple, but maybe I would go outside to double check just to be sure, because I trust you. I trust you enough to at least give you the benefit of the doubt. And holy God I really need you to stop looking at me like that, Derek."

Derek's eyes were blazing red, lust clearly in them. He stalks the few feet between them, backing the boy into the nearest wall. "May I kiss you?"

Stiles swallows' thickly and licks his lips. "Now?"

Derek's eyes followed the movement. It took every ounce of self control to not pounce right then and there. He smiled that slow smile. "Now is preferable, but I'm open to whatever your schedule allows."

Stiles rolled his eyes fondly and nods. "Kiss me you idiot."

There was nothing slow and chaste. They kissed with purpose, with want.

"This isn't over." Avery growled then stomped out of the loft. Nearly gagging on the arousal.

Before it could get too heated Derek pulls back with the biggest smile Stiles has seen on the wolf.

"No come back." He pouts with grabby hands.

"If I keep kissing you I won't be able to stop."

"I'm down with that."

"I don't think your dad would be."

"Ugh, Der. Way to be a buzzkill."

"Go home. I'll see you tomorrow."

"One more kiss?"

"One more."

It was definitely more than one kiss and an hour later.

~~

"Where's Lydia? Have any of you talked to her tonight?"

"What do you mean?" Allison asks. "I talked to her this morning. I helped her picked out a dress."

"I mean she never showed up. It's our anniversary. She would never of missed it." Parrish expresses worriedly. "Something isn't right!"

"Okay, have you tried calling her?" Peter doesn't need everyone going into chaos. Not yet.

"I have." The hellhound nods. "Six times. Each time it goes straight to voicemail."

~~

"Why are you doing this?" Lydia is furious. She had plans. Amazing plans!

"Isn't it obvious? Every time someone is close to death you scream. I can't have that, not tonight."

"What did you do?" The strawberry blonde demands with wild eyes.

"No one should wield that kind of power with just their voice." Avery lets her claws fall.

Lydia looks from the wolf's claws to her eyes. Trying to figure out what the hell she means. "No. No! What did - Liam!!!!"

"Liam? No. No, Stiles is dying tonight not - Bernard you stupid, stupid fool." The werewolf shakes her head with dark eyes. With one swift movement she slashes the banshee's throat.

Lydia fell to the ground on her knees holding her throat Trying and failing to stop the bleeding.

~~

"Liam!!!!!"

Theo howls, completely and utterly broken. His eyes glow bright yellow.

"We got to go." Peter orders. "Now!" He shouts when no one moved.

"What's going on? What's happening?" Allison asks with tears in her eyes.

"It's Lydia and Liam." Scott answers for his girlfriend.

Everyone took off running. There's no time to waste.

TO BE CONTINED...

Vote and comment loves 🤗