Chapter Twenty Six: Stiles Ran Away.

it's been awhile, hi babes! enjoy! 💕

Bernard spun on his heel "what are you doing down here? Get out!"

The youngest wolf flinched at the venom in his brother's voice. He gave Stiles one last look before leaving as he was told to do.

"What? Baby bro not ready to see you torture an innocent human?"

"Shut your mouth before I - "

"Bernard, that's enough." Avery's annoying voice cuts in. "Leave."

The man sucks his teeth but leaves anyway.

"Now." The she devil continues. "How about some alone time as promsied, yes?" She then slams the door shut without an answer.

"You won't get away with this!" Stiles yells after her.

Her way too high heels clink on the concrete floor with purpose. "Oh, my dear, I already have."

~

An hour later Stiles heard soft footsteps coming his way. well, he thinks it was an hour. "Stiles." The voice whispers.

Stiles knows that voice though.

"I don't have long. They'll be back soon."

"Let me out, Mateo."

"I - I can't."

"You can't or you won't?"

"Look, I didn't know anything about this."

"And I'm supposed to just believe that? Let me out!" Stiles bangs on the steel door. "Let me out! I need to get back to my friends."

"I don't have a key, Avery has it. I - I just came to warn you."

"To warn me?" He questions. "Warn me about what?"

"Avery knows an alpha - I've heard he's crooked."

"What's that got to do with anything?"

"He's dived into people's memories before, she's going to have him do that to you."

"I've seen Uncle Peter do that. But why? Why does she want this guy doing it to me?"

"I think it's about your alpha - "

"Scott? Why does she care about - "

"No. Not Scott. Derek. She needs to know everything and anything that will help her weasel her way into his life."

"How - how do I - what do I do? What am I supposed to do?"

"Focus on one memory at a time. Make him see what you want him to."

Stiles takes a shaky breath and nods knowing Mateo can't see him.

"I have to go. I'll come back when I can. Just remember what I said. I'll get help. I'm - I don't want to be like my siblings."

"Thank you, Mateo."

~~

"Derek, what the hell is going on?" Scott demands to know. "Peter won't tell us anything."

"Avery took Stiles - "

"She what?" "Took him where?" "Is he okay?" "Why would she take him?" "Why are we standing around here? Lets go get him back!"

"We are going to get him back. We have a plan." The sheriff states fiercely.

"We do? What is it?" Jackson will do anything, and I mean anything to get his best friend back.

"She doesn't know that we know. So, when she arrives it'll be an ambush situation." Derek informs the packs. "We're getting Stiles back. We will, we have to."

~~

"Look, Mr. ?"

"The name's Gregory."

"Right, okay, Gregory." He rambles. "Look, Gregory you don't have to do this, okay? I'm no one - no one important anyway. And there is definitely no important information up here." Stiles taps his head a couple of times.

"Avery seems to think so."

"Well, she isn't the brightest crayon is the box, am I right?" He chuckles nervously.

"I'm paid to do my job. So, lets just get this over with then we can all go home."

"Oh ha. ha. Was that a joke? It was a horrible one if so." He rolls his eyes. He's so fed up with ending up in these situations. "You could kill me, dude. How many times have you done this exactly?"

"Enough times."

"Okay, well, that's not really an answer. How's your success rate?"

"Enough. Now, try to relax. This will be over before you know it."
~~

"Knock - knock. I came as soon as I got your message." Avery says sweetly as she enters the loft with her head held high. A big victory smile plastered on her lips that quickly disappeared when she saw everyone, not just Derek. "What's going on?"

"Please forgive all of us for being here." Peter speaks calmly. "Not only did we lose two pack members, we also learned that Stiles - well Stiles ran away."

"What? Oh no. What happened?"

She can't really think the pack believe her bullshit acting for a second, does she?

"The guilt of losing his friends was just too much for him to handle." The sheriff answers.

"Really? Did he tell you - "

"He left letters." Cora tossed the one Stiles had written to Derek at the bitches feet. "Go ahead read it out loud for the class."

Avery cocked her head in confusion but picks the paper up regardless.

Derek,

I'm sorry for saying goodbye like this. If I tried to say this in person I know you would talk me out of it - to stay. But I can't. I have to get out of this godforsaken town. Liam was the last straw for me. I know I didn't kill him, but if I wasn't out there alone maybe... maybe he'd still be alive. And the guilt, god the guilt... I just need to get away for awhile; to clear my mind. Please don't look for me, okay? You won't find me and by the time you read this I will be gone. Take care of everyone for me. Especially my dad. Don't let him drink himself to death. God, these past few years of knowing you, Derek Hale have been the best years of my life. Yes, even with the monsters and the constant running for our lives. But you have to take the good with the bad. Don't wait for me, okay? I want you to move on and be happy. If any of us deserve happiness it's you. Maybe give Avery a shot, yeah? She might - she could make you happy... maybe?

Love your favorite as always,

   Stiles.

"My personal favorite is the letter he left his father." Boyd states as he thrusts the paper in her hands. "Read."

D E A R dad,

I know this is sudden and may seem rash, but, I'm leaving for awhile, or for good. I haven't made up my mind yet... you know me, so indecisive. Anyway, don't look for me, okay? You won't find me. I'll be fine. Just - just please don't go back to drinking like you did when mom died. I need to know you're going to be okay - I need you to be fine for the both of us. Oh, and for the love of god do NOT start a search party. I love you, pops. Never question that.

P.S - Always Value Every moment, Rather You want to or not.

I know I will. And I know we'll see each other again someday... soon I hope.

I'll stop rambling now, I love you, daddio.

TO BE CONTIUNED...
vote & comment loves 💕💕