Chapter Twenty Two: What Have You Done?

Have tissues ready. 🥹
Vote and comment lovelies 🤍
You'll be getting 2 chapters today 💗

"What have you done?" Stiles falls to his knees; putting Liam's head gently in his lap. "What have done!"

"It - It - It was supposed of been you!"

Stiles looks up to Bernard his glossy eyes hardening. "You just made a new enemy. Run." He'd be all for killing Bernard with his bare hands right here, right now. But he can't leave Liam.

"Sti - "

"Shh." He shushes the boy. "It's going to be okay. It has to be okay."

Stiles doesn't know how long he's been holding onto Liam like a lifeline. It could be minutes or it could of been hours. He hears a twig snap behind them. "Derek? Scott?"

"Stiles!"

"Derek!" He sobs. Relief washing over him like a cold shower.

Theo rushes behind Derek to hold his boyfriend. "What happened?"

"Bern - Bernard. It - it was Bernard." Stiles tries to explain. "Liam - he - it was supposed of been me."

Derek holds his mate tighter.

"We have to get Liam to Melissa or Deaton." Erica tells them as tears stream down her pale cheeks.

"If we move him he will bleed out." Derek explains with a tinder voice.

"Then what do we do? What do we do?!" Theo has never been this scared in his whole entire life. He can't lose Liam. He just can't! Liam is the one thing Theo cares about.

"You - you do nothing." Liam whimpers out.

"Nothing? Are you crazy? I can't - I can't lose you. God not you."

"I - I love you The - Theodore Raeken." The little wolf gives his boyfriend a bloody smile before his eyes slip slowly closed.

"No, Liam. Liam open your eyes. Wake up. Liam open your eyes."

"He's gone." Jackson whispers.

Theo clutches the little wolf to his chest and rocks back and forth, his face buried in his neck as the tears and sobs escape him.

"I - I'm so - so sorry. I'm sorry." Stiles bawls into Derek's chest.

"It's not your fault Stiles." The wolf tries to calm the boy by rubbing soothing circles on his back.

"Peter just sent a text. They found Lydia." The Kanima informs the group.

"But?" Erica just knows there is a but.

"But someone slashed her throat. She's lost a lot of blood. They're at Deaton's."

"This is all my fault - this is all my fault." The human weeps.

"Jackson how about you help Theo? Boyd wanna carry Liam?" Derek suggests.

The chimera shakes his head frantically. "I'm not letting him go."

"Okay. Okay you can carry Liam. I'll be right behind you." Boyd states as he puts a comforting hand on the boy's shoulder.

~~

When they arrived at the Veterinarian clinic Allison was already up front ready to open the mountain ash gate. And when the huntress saw Liam in Theo's arms she lets out a heart wrenching sob. Covering her mouth and shaking her head in denial. Allison swallows and puts on a brave face. "Wh - what - uhm - what happened?"

"Bernard happened." Jackson fills in that blank for her. "How's Lydia?"

At that moment the banshee screamed. Everyone covered their ears.

A few moments later Deaton came to the front with the rest of them. "Theo, if you want to lay Liam down in the back you can. There's a empty table prepared."

"How's Lydia?" Jackson asks again, but this time it was directed towards the Doc.

"Lydia unfortunately has 3 very deep cuts from claws." Deaton makes claws with his hand. "Parrish and Peter got her here just in time. I have her stitched and sedated for the time being. I know a witch who can heal her, she will be here tomorrow. In the mean time Melissa is on her way to do a blood transfusion."

"And Li- Liam?" Stiles wants - needs to know.

"I'm afraid Liam is gone."

The alpha tightened his grip on his mate.

"So, there's no way to bring him back?" Isaac doesn't want to accept that Liam is just gone.

"I'm afraid not."

"Scott's a wreck. He lost a beta, he nearly lost two more." Allison lets the others know.

"Two? Don't you mean one?" Stiles questions.

"You're his beta also, even if you are just human."

"Where is he?"

"At his house. It took me and Peter to get him there."

"Where is he? Where the hell is my son?" John shouts as he enters the back of the clinic.

"He's in here, sir." Boyd is the one to answer since he's closet to the door.

"Stiles." It sounds like the weight of the world has lifted off the mans shoulders just be seeing his son is safe.

"Dad." He didn't want to cry again. But being in his father's warm embrace just made them flow once more. "Liam's gone dad. He's gone and it's all my fault."

"Shh, it's not. How about you sit, sip some water, and tell me what happened. Okay?"

Stiles nods weakly as Derek drags Stiles down to sit on his lap.

Peter emerges from the back with a bottle of water.

"Now, tell us what happened son."

"It all happened so fast."

"It's okay, Sti. Just tell us what you remember." Derek coxes gently.

"I went for a run. I wanted to clear my head. So I went out to the preserve. I don't - I don't know how long I was out there, but the next thing I know Bernard popped up out of no where."

"That's good kid. What happened next?"

All eyes were on him as he continues. "He said that he didn't want to kill anyone but it had to be done - it had to be done so Avery could marry into the Hale family."

"I'm here to - oh dear, is this a bad time?" The little old lady questions.

"Yes, I just had to put my dog down. It's a very bad time." Jackson blurts out.

They all heard maniacal laughing come from that back. "You see how that's ironic, don't you?"

"Theo's having a breakdown." Isaac points out.

"I got this." Allison states. She's never lost a lover, but she has lost a mother and aunt. Granted said aunt was psycho and her mother was well on the way to being just that.

"Sorry, Mrs. Beverly. But we are currently closed for a few days. Can you come back next week?" Dr. Deaton asks as he leads the women back out of the clinic.

"Of course dear."

"Okay, continue." Erica tells her friend when she's sure the lady is out of hearing range.

Next chapter is posted!

Vote and comment ♥️