[2] Leaves of Autumn

____

I did not proof read because I'm lazy.

Enjoy (:

____

Chapter Two

He had blue eyes and shaggy light brown hair.  He had a little bit of a resemblance to Oliver.  Except this guy didn’t have the tattoos.

            “You know they say if you take a picture it will last longer,” he said to me.  He had a soft voice yet with a natural flow of humour in his voice.  It was as if he was speaking normally yet the words he chose are funny.  He just hardly chose to show any enthusiasm when he made a joke.

            I turned my head back to my food and ignored him.

            It was lunch time and I was sitting under a tree by myself, watching the life of this small school buzz around in their little sad excuse for a cafeteria.

            “I haven’t seen you around before,” he said rising from his table and coming to sit next to me.

            “It’s my first day,” I mumbled.  He looked like your typical hot headed farmer’s son.  All that was expected of him was to go to school, get his education and then take over on the farm when his father gets too old to do it.  And by the looks of him, that was his plan.

            “So do you have a name, newbie?”

            “Bob Fishwaters.”

            “Ha ha,” he said.  “But seriously?”

            “Cece,” I stated.

            The corners of his mouth lifted up.  “Cece... matches you’re cute face.”

            “Right...” I said and looked back at my food.  Oh god, he was trying to hit on me.

            “So after school my friends and I usually go get something to eat and hang out by the lake, you up for it?” he asked me.

            I bit my lip.  Basically there were two options here.  I could say no, resulting in me having to go home and put up with my psychotic parents.  Or I could say yes and get a tour around town, look for places to hide out.

            “Sure,” I decided.

            He grinned at me.  “Cool, I’ll wait for you after school.” He stood up. 

            “What’s your name?” I asked.

            “Jordan.”

            “I haven’t seen you in my classes... what grade are you in?”

            “Eleven.”

            “Ah, okay.”

            “What about you?”

            “Twelve.”

            “Oh, youngster.”

            “It’s only one year!”

            “Still counts.  See you.”

            I stared after him, a smile growing on my face.  He was quite funny... I could see myself liking him.