[3] Leaves of Autumn

___

Glad to have wattpad finally back (:

I'll try to put up another chapter either tonight or tomorrow

____

Chapter Three

I rinsed off my face with cold water then walked over to my room, taking off my shoes.  It had finally gotten dark outside at 9 pm and I was dead tired.

            I curled up in my bed and flicked on my lamp, opening a book.

            As I got more into the story my eyes started to get wary till finally I blacked out.

            “Get up!” mum said.

            I opened my eyes and it was pitch black.  I reached my hands up to my face to find it covered by the book I read last night.  As I removed the book from my face my eyes immediately squinted in the sunlight.

            “Ugh, I think I might be turning into a vampire,” I said to myself.

            I rose from bed and slipped on some jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt.  It seemed a bit cooler today.

            I glanced at the clock finding it was already 8:20.

            “Shit,” I muttered.

            I quickly picked up my bag, slipped my feet into my unlaced combat boots and ran down the stairs in a hurry.

            I jogged up the road muttering, “Shit, shit, shit,” repeatedly.

            An old red truck came up on the dirt road beside me and slowed to my walking pace.

            “Why hello there,” came the voice of Oliver.

            I glanced at him through the window.  “Come to taunt me?”

            “No, actually I’m offering you a ride... unless you want to walk.”

            I stopped walking and he stopped the car.  I stared at him through the window as he gave me a genuine smile.  After a minute of staring I finally smiled and opened the car door, climbing into the old truck.  It smelt strongly of grass, oil, rust and cow turd.

            “I’m sorry to inform you but... your car stinks,” I said.

            Oliver chuckled.  “Well thank heavens it’s not my car.  It’s my grandfather’s.  He said I could take it today since I’m running late.”

            “Well I say if we’re going to be late, let’s be fashionably late.”

            He glanced down at his ripped black jeans, singlet and opened flannel shirt.  “I don’t think that is possible in Lake Gloria.  It’s too much of a hell hole to have any fashion taste.  I could go for some skinny jeans, a nice black t-shirt and converses right now, but I’m stuck with farmer boy clothes.”