[7] Leaves of Autumn

Chapter Seven

Jordan lives with his parents of course.  When we got to his house he introduced me to his parents.  He took after his father a lot.  Except he had shorter hair, had more age to him and a bit more weight too.  Jordan’s mum reminded me of Oliver.  Oliver had taken most of his looks from her.  Especially his eyes.

            Jordan then took me into the house and let his parents get back to work.

            “This is the kitchen,” he indicated a clean kitchen with only a few dishes stacked up.  “The living room, the dining room...”  We started to walk down the hall.  “Bathroom.  Mum and dad’s room.”  He walked past a room with a closed door, not telling me it’s significance. 

            I stopped walking.  “Spare room?” I asked, pointing at the door.

            Jordan bit his lip.  “Oliver’s old room.”

            “Mind if I...” I trailed off.

            Jordan shrugged.  “Go ahead.  You might find some things you want.”

            I opened the door to Oliver’s old room.  I could tell no one had been in here since he left.

            His room still had clothes scattered across the floor, school books on the desk and posters up on the wall.

            From the corner of my eye I noticed a small stack of CD’s.  I walked over to them and scanned though them.

            Goo Goo Dolls, Never Shout Never, Plain White T’s, Snow Patrol... and more bands like that.

            “Can I have these CD’s?” I asked him.

            Jordan nodded.  “It’s not like Oliver is coming back to collect them anyway.”

            Oh he’s not coming to collect them... but I sure am giving them to him.

            “Let’s get out of here... It’s depressing and boring,” Jordan said.

            I nodded and followed him out of the room.

            “And this is my room,” Jordan concluded as he opened the door to his room.

            Jordan’s wall weren’t covered in posters of bands like Oliver’s was.  The only posters he had up were of fairs held in town.  Or awards from school.

            I nodded.  “Cool.”

            Jordan grinned at me.

            “Want to sit down?” Jordan asked, nodding towards his bed.

            “Sure,” I replied and sat on the edge of his queen sized bed.  I felt something against my foot and I bent down to push it under the bed more when I noticed it was a photo album.

            I sat back up with the album in my hands and raised an eyebrow curiously at him.

            “Ah... don’t look at that,” Jordan said.

            “Why?” I asked.

            Jordan sighed.  “Because it’s depressing.”

            “How’s it depressing?”

            “It just is.”

            We stared at each other for about a minute, him with a look saying ‘please don’t’ and me with a look saying ‘can I?’