[8] Leaves of Autumn

___

Okay, this chapter is short, and took me forever to write

But now it's over and done with.

(:

Enjoy!

____

Chapter Eight

When I stopped crying I mumbled, “Sorry for ruining our date.”

            “It’s okay... and it’s not ruined.  We still have ages left,” Jordan said to me, stroking my hair whilst I still had my head on his chest.

            “But, all that I’ve done is cry.”

            “And it’s now my job to cheer you up.  So how about I drive over to the place I had in mind and we continue our date.”

            I smiled at him.  “Okay.”

            He continued to drive down the road till we reached the edge of Lake Gloria.

            “I thought you said we weren’t hanging out with your friends...” I mumbled. 

            “We’re not.”

            “Then why are we here?”

            “Because there is another clearing on the opposite side of the lake.”

            He’s not talking about the one Oliver took me to is he? I thought to myself.

            We climbed out of the car and walked through the thick forest.

            “Jordan, is it safe to walk through here at night?  I can’t see a thing!” I complained as we climbed our way through the trees and over fallen logs.  I could hear our footsteps making a crunch every time we took a step, I could also hear the sounds of the wildlife calling around us.  I sped up to keep up with Jordan.

            “It’s okay, I’m here.  I’ve been through this forest many times at night.”

            “I don’t know...”

            He didn’t respond, but instead he wrapped a comforting arm around me.  When I gave him a curious gaze he said, “It’s okay, I’m here.”

            I smiled, ducking my head.

            We walked out of the trees into the same clearing Oliver had taken me to.

            “I’ve been here before,” I mumbled to him.

            “With whom?”

            I bit my lip, not wanting to get Oliver in trouble, so instead I said, “I had a fight with my parents one night so I stormed out of home and wondered around.  I ended up stumbling through this forest and reached the clearing.  I sat out here for a while until I returned home.”  Lie, lie, lie... massively huge lie!

            SHUT UP! I told myself.

            BUT YOU LIED!   I hope you feel guilty.

            I ignored the voice in my head and concentrated on Jordan

            “My family used to come here ever Sunday afternoon,” he mumbled.