Chapter 5: King of Flirt

#DS5Unbowed #EmbRace #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER 5: KING OF FLIRT

TRACE'S POV

Katahimikan ang sumalubong sa akin nang matapos ako sa pagsasalita. Everyone in the room didn't utter a single word, and instead they are looking at me as if I had grown multiple heads. Maging si Belaya at Mireia na nandito rin sa conference room dahil saktong binisita nila ang mga asawa nila nang dumating ako ay tulalang nakatingin lang sa akin.

Belaya was the one who broke the silence. "Do you want to borrow money? If you want, I can buy the house you want for you, and you can just pay me back whenever you want to."

I saw my older brother, Pierce, sighed at his pregnant wife's suggestion. "May pera 'yan. Kuripot lang."

I've been investing in different companies offering equity shares. Especially smaller ones that I feel have potential. From various market-leading software companies, healthcare, music and audio technology, data protection, to food and beverage. I think my interest started back in law school, and I got bored and tired of trying to break my head open with my textbooks. I needed a breather, and the stock market caught my attention. Idagdag pa na malaki rin talaga ang kinikita namin sa Dagger.

Ang pang-apat sa aming magkakapatid na si Axel ang sumunod na nagsalita. "Then what do you need?"

"I need you to find me a farmhouse."

"Ako?"

"You have a lot of properties."

He blinked, as if surprise. "I do, but I'm not a real estate agent."

Napapakamot sa ulo na binalingan ko ang iba ko pang mga kapatid. My younger brother Coal just shrugged as if telling me that he has no clue either.

"Ako may alam," nakataas ang isang kamay na sabi ni Belaya dahilan para lahat kami ay mapatingin sa kaniya. "There's a property near the public area of our family business."

"BHO CAMP?" I asked.

Nahahati sa dalawa ang malaking property na pag-aari nila. The public one is called BHO CAMP, a popular leisure vacation site. Before, it was just a front for a secret organization that handled low- to high-risk covert missions. They decided to legalize it years ago, and they changed the name of the other side of the business, and now that private side of their property is the leading investigation company in the country. Putting Dagger as the top two.

Tumango ang babae, "Sa west side niyon ay may mag-asawang nakatira sa isang malaking farmhouse. It's a huge property and though there's a wide distance from BHO CAMP, my family tried to buy it before since they want to own the area around the main establishment for security reasons."

"They didn't want to sell it," Pierce reckoned.

"They didn't. It was their retirement home, and my family didn't push since they respected their decision. They're also a cool neighbor. Kapag nagagawi kami sa lugar nila kapag nag-e-explore kami ng mga pinsan ko at naliligaw sa kanila ay pinapapasok nila kami at binibigyan ng pagkain." Belaya's smile turned sad. "They both passed away when I was in college. I think their children didn't want to sell it at first pero sa ibang bansa na rin kasi sila nakatira. Umuuwi na lang sila para masiguro na maayos pa rin ang bahay at ma-maintain. My sister would probably be at the top of the list of buyers if she hadn't already bought it. If you want, I can give her a call."