Chapter 33: Humor

#DS5Unbowed #EmbRace #PuppyCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER 33: HUMOR

EMBER'S POV

The last six months were a whirlwind. I realized that if the Dawsons could arrange a grand proposal in a very short time, they could also do the same thing for a wedding. I know what it's like to be busy, especially when I have a competition, but I've never been as busy as I've been with all the wedding preparations.

Ang choice lang kasi namin ni Trace ay magpakasal ngayong taon o after two years pa dahil next year ay si Ellena naman ang ikakasal. The Dawsons don't really believe in superstitions that much, but my family does. Lalong-lalo na si Papa.

Honestly, I don't really want to have a long engagement. Trace and I are already living together. Kasal na lang ang kulang. At ang 'perks' ng mga mag-asawa, also known as the honeymoon.

I might be open to exploring that part of a relationship before marriage, but not Trace, who stood by his words to do right by me and to keep his promise to my father.

So here we all are.

I thought that six months was a pretty decent amount of time to prepare for a wedding. Hindi rin naman kasi kailangan na sobrang engrande ng kasal dahil wala naman akong masyadong iimbitahin. Iyon nga lang ay kapag pinagsama sina Ellena, Papa, at Trace ay hindi talaga pwede ang simple lang. Trace and Papa even teamed up together when I told them that I'm fine with a civil wedding.

I'm glad that we didn't opt for that one, though. Even though it was exhausting and at times overwhelming, I enjoyed every aspect of the planning process. Especially when I accidentally found a venue for the ceremony while I was out riding with Choc Nut.

Everything was going smoothly. We didn't need to rent a hotel because the wedding will be held at a location near the farmhouse, so I stayed here with the Dawson women and Ellena, while the men stayed at Gun and Lia's home. We also have a venue for the wedding, the reception will be at the Forest Barn in Alfonso, Cavite, the food and cake are all settled, the invitations were sent out, and I bought a wedding dress from a local designer in Ormoc who turned out to be a fan of mine and reached out to me.

I fell in love with her design. It was simple, but I love the work that has gone into making it. The designer crafted every part of the dress. It has a complex lace bodice that the designer custom made herself, it's tight at the torso, and the rest cascades down into a graceful flowy train. It has an open back, a neckline with enough skin to show, and delicate sleeves. I loved it.

Everything is perfect. Alas dos ng umaga ay gumising na ako dahil sunrise ang theme ng kasal. Trace and I greet every morning together, and each of them is special in their own way. I wanted to greet another day that will mean so much to us.

I have nothing to worry about. I wasn't even nervous, and there's no way that I will ever have cold feet when it comes to committing when Trace is involved. I was so sure that I would be the kind of bride who wouldn't be a nervous wreck on the day of the wedding. After all, I handled much greater pressure during my career as an athlete.